GDT: Caps vs Yotes 9p.m zzzzzzz fest

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
This team is in trouble me thinks. Someone laughed at my comment I made after the Canada trip a while back where I said we were trending downwards but... we have made 0 improvements since then. And that is concerning as heck.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
This team is in trouble me thinks. Someone laughed at my comment I made after the Canada trip a while back where I said we were trending downwards but... we have made 0 improvements since then. And that is concerning as heck.

Yup!!! sad when caps have had an easy schedule so far and they're still getting kicked around

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Getting very to close to having enough with this team. To the point where i won't be tuning in that much to watch them. I'm giving Trotz half a season to get the style down because that would be fair but if it keeps up like this then i'll lose interest.

Some of these 'players' are a disgrace and need to realise how much they're being paid to play without a care

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
It's obviously time for a shakeup in the roster. It's not working for anybody. As much as I love Ovechkin on the caps, I think he needs a change of scenery. If the caps were wise, they would trade Ovechkin and Green this year on some high returns. Wilson is the only player who has bought in to the system in each game he's played. I became a caps fan because of Ovechkin and I just find that it isn't working here anymore. I know he probably won't ever get traded, but that's just how I feel. Does anybody else agree with me ?

Burakovsky95*

Cant and won't trade Ovechkin no matter what really. That's a lock.

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
Wilson needs to learn balance, maybe it was from his injury, but he can't take a hit without falling down and can't give one without falling down and taking himself out of the play

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Cant and won't trade Ovechkin no matter what really. That's a lock.

He is not the problem. Not sure some Caps fans can comprehend just how bad this team would be without him.

I'm almost certain if he got traded to a contender then that team would become an unstoppable cup winner simply because i think it's the franchise bringing him down.

Nothing with this organisation screams stability but i pray that Trotz can get it right because this is the last coach in Washington for most of these players so they better get on board.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Ovechkin is sitting a smidge under a point per game. As ever, when he scores, the Caps win more often than not.

For the 8000th time:

BUILD AROUND HIM.

As far as i'm concerned the second they traded Semin and didn't even think twice about replacing him, effectively saying 'Ovi (and to an extent Nick) you do everything and figure it all out with a scrub on the opposite wing', that's the point when i knew if Ovi wants to be successful in his career (team and not individual wise) then it would be best for him to go to a franchise that does it right. As long as your top player is playing on a line where one guy is a rotating part from AHL'er to barely top six you will not see the team flourish.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
For once i want to see the CSN guys lose the die hard mentality and let the team and indviduals have it when it's deserved. Oates was a pile of **** and they used to back him like he was a god or something. Too much Leonsis hugging.

Last edited by a moderator:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
As far as i'm concerned the second they traded Semin and didn't even think twice about replacing him, effectively saying 'Ovi (and to an extent Nick) you do everything and figure it all out with a scrub on the opposite wing', that's the point when i knew if Ovi wants to be successful in his career (team and not individual wise) then it would be best for him to go to a franchise that does it right. As long as your top player is playing on a line where one guy is a rotating part from AHL'er to barely top six you will not see the team flourish.

Shouldn't two A class players like Ovi and Nicky be able to get something going 5 on 5 without needing another top flight winger?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad