GDT: Caps vs Yotes 9p.m zzzzzzz fest

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Shouldn't two A class players like Ovi and Nicky be able to get something going 5 on 5 without needing another top flight winger?

Your first line should be one filled with skill and fear that goes into the opposition's building and says we are COMING AT YOU with THIS. How do you think the other team feel's when they see the mighty Beagle with Ovi and Nick? Sure as hell isn't fear i can tell you that much.

If you want to talk about figuring it out then technically that's Nick's job seeing as he's the distributor and cannot score goals consistency to save his life. Proof? This team only ever wins regularly when Ovi scores.

Thing is i wouldn't even blame Nick because he's forced (like Ovi is) to play with 1 winger on his line that has no NHL nous about them

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Bura and Mojo play a great possession game for 30 seconds... and then Brouwer touches the puck. Instant turnover.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
My earlier post was more driven out of frustration as huge Ovechkin fan. I fully agree and understand that the Capitals SHOULD build a team around him and that he is what makes us even win games at all. It's just frustrating that time keeps passing and **** all gets done in Washington. I love having Wilson on the top line, however I think we would be better off acquiring a threat to play RW on the top line.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Good thing the top line has a 4th liner on it so Ovechkin can be double covered and he can shoot the puck into the pads of a tall goalie.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I know it would be hard to send Schmidt but there is something that Orlov adds that is too good to not use. His offensive skills are better than most of our d-men.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Good thing the top line has a 4th liner on it so Ovechkin can be double covered and he can shoot the puck into the pads of a tall goalie.

yeah apparently this organisation doesn't believe someone else on the top line that can take away teams blanketing Ovi is important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad