GDT: Caps vs Yotes 9p.m zzzzzzz fest

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
No it works for teams that have fundamentals down.

Chicago doesn't really play much different and they are full of skill players.

Thank you, it's down to FUNDAMENTALS and DISCIPLINE. You do the easy stuff first and let your skill do the rest, not the other way round because it can't be done like that. Ovi and Nick are guilty of it big time, not getting the easy stuff down pat and thinking skill is all that matters and as result that skill suffers.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Whenever teams forecheck with 2 men aggressively it seems like the Caps can never execute a clean breakout and they just hemorrhage chances

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Coming into tonight 146 skaters have played 250 5-on-5 minutes. Seven Caps have done so. Mike Green is the only one with a 50%+ GF%. The other six (Niskanen, Carlson, Alzner, Ovechkin, Backstrom & Orpik) are all among the bottom 28 in GF%.

Not much true heavy lifting being done.

Even that's hard to believe.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Whenever teams forecheck with 2 men aggressively it seems like the Caps can never execute a clean breakout and they just hemorrhage chances

Fundamentals = POOR. Basic stuff like stick handling, and clean passes seem to be eluding the highest skilled players on this team and it trickles down because of that.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
When was the last time Ovechkin actually got past a defender with the puck?

bWo*

Well, time to do some homework. On the topic of work, what do you guys do for work?

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
When was the last time Ovechkin actually got past a defender with the puck?

He has this season but they are coming few and far between and i'm not sure why. Not sure where his stick handling has gone, made me sick to my stomach to see that dish from Stamkos to Callahan the other night when you consider people put Ovi over someone like Stamkos.

Burakovsky95*

Does GMBM "like his team" or will he show a pair and make a move early to send a message?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad