Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Pens - the Farewell Todd we barely knew you edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
What happened in the 3rd? They were f*** ass all game, then after Hag's goal suddenly good. They gave 0 chances to Pitts and scored a go-head goal and after they didn't turtle! Sustained the o-zone pressure. Where was this team before?

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
The level of negativity was off the scale though

That's kinda what happens when you have a team full of all stars and grade A talent and they stink it up for a an entire month, while the coach does nothing about it.

We're not content with mediocrity, although quite a few people here are for some reason or another.

This style of play will get us murdered in the playoffs. I'd still like to see TR gone first thing tomorrow so we can actually stand a chance in the playoffs.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Another "trailing after two periods, come back to win game". Not ideal but at least we always have hope.

9-15-1 now.

4 goals in the 3rd. That is one aggressive turtle.

giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That's kinda what happens when you have a team full of all stars and grade A talent and they stink it up for a an entire month, while the coach does nothing about it.

We're not content with mediocrity, although quite a few people here are for some reason or another.

This style of play will get us murdered in the playoffs. I'd still like to see TR gone first thing tomorrow so we can actually stand a chance in the playoffs.

While the coach does nothing. Do you know that? Any reporting to suggest that? Anything at all?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Like everyone said, ugly win. But the way to break out of a an ugly slump like that is to win a huge ugly game like that.

Hopefully we can build off this.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Hopefully now everyone who started crying as soon as we gave up two goals is sufficiently embarrassed enough to shut up for a while. Yeesh.

Go Caps!

Reactions: kicksavedave

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
IMHO negativity was well warranted. I tried to be positive and truly believed it was a slump, bit the first 2 period made me worry. Still can't wrap my head around what happened in the 3rd. I guess talent is there and Holtby >>> Murray. I'm just glad we won despite our stars being ass

Reactions: koalabear9301

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
While the coach does nothing. Do you know that? Any reporting to suggest that? Anything at all?

I watched the defense do nothing for a month except get blown out.
I watched this team consistently get outplayed (even by bottom feeder teams)
I watched the PP which basically is a like giving the other team free odd-man rushes.
I watched TR on the bench sipping water like the ship is on fire and there's nothing he could do to fix it.

He's not a good coach and I'm sorry that makes you mad, but I'd like to see this team compete for another SC and not a prompt first round exit.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
IMHO negativity was well warranted. I tried to be positive and truly believed it was a slump, bit the first 2 period made me worry. Still can't wrap my head around what happened in the 3rd. I guess talent is there and Holtby >>> Murray. I'm just glad we won despite our stars being ass

This sucks was warranted. This is catastrophic, nuclear doom was over stating it

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I watched the defense do nothing for a month except get blown out.
I watched this team consistently get outplayed (even by bottom feeder teams)
I watched the PP which basically is a like giving the other team free odd-man rushes.
I watched TR on the bench sipping water like the ship is on fire and there's nothing he could do to fix it.

He's not a good coach and I'm sorry that makes you mad, but I'd like to see this team compete for another SC and not a prompt first round exit.

Its certainly possible that what he was doing didn't work. That different than doing nothing.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Rierden is like that old man getting thrown away in the Holy Grail, “I’m not dead yet. I feel happy!”

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The negativity can be overwhelming on these boards. But so can the blind optimism. Clearly when this team decides to play they can hang with anybody. The question is can Reirden get them to play like that consistently in the playoffs. I don't think he can but what do I know.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Its certainly possible that what he was doing didn't work. That different than doing nothing.

Lets start off with a simple one. Fixing the PP... what has he done? (bear in mind, it's been shit for about 2 months now).

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Did that third period comeback save Reirdon? You have to think if we had a crappy third there was at least a 25% chance he could of been fired, right?

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad