Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Pens - the Farewell Todd we barely knew you edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The negativity can be overwhelming on these boards. But so can the blind optimism. Clearly when this team decides to play they can hang with anybody. The question is can Reirden get them to play like that consistently in the playoffs. I don't think he can but what do I know.

I don't see that much at all even though I personally stay away from the negativity.

I will say one thing though, we are knowledgeable fans here but if one single person honestly thinks Reirden is getting fired before the end of the playoffs they don't understand how things work.

TR is BMac's guy and he will get two (probably three seasons, his contract length) to get it done. As he should if you ask me. Not for nothing but if TR does get the boot after the season he will be back on a staff within a few weeks.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I will say this again. During stretch of bad results the Caps game has not been exposed. The stopped playing it enough. The goal has been to get th eff m back to their game. Not to change it. Getting Dillon was doubling down on their game

Reactions: Calicaps

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I don't understand why everyone is having fun of Crosby smashing his stick. it's passion, it's scary to meet him next time. Wish Kuzy was like that, instead of casually lose his battles

Reactions: Heath

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lets start off with a simple one. Fixing the PP... what has he done? (bear in mind, it's been shit for about 2 months now).

Changed the zone entry. Gave Orlov more pptoi. Moved Ov to the top. Moved Ov to the right side. Replaced Kuzy with Vrana. Moved Backstrom to the goal line. Put Wilson and Oshie out together. Shall I go on?

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Missed the game -- so did everything get fixed, we no longer need Mike Green and/or Dale Hunter to save us?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
...or at least go find somewhere else to slurp Crosby.

That video makes him look like such a pansy and yet here you are.
Sorry who are you again? Admin or owner of these boards lol? Here is a tip for you (will make your life much easier), everyone has different opinions and as long they are in line with the rules, everyone can and should express them. Don't like it, please ignore me or put me in your ignore list. Really mature to attack someone on the message board. Was a "pleasure" speaking to you. Have a good day.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Sorry who are you again? Admin or owner of these boards lol? Here is a tip for you (will make your life much easier), everyone has different opinions and as long they are in line with the rules, everyone can and should express them. Don't like it, please ignore me or put me in your ignore list. Really mature to attack someone on the message board. Was a "pleasure" speaking to you. Have a good day.

You’re expressing your opinions, and I’m expressing mine. Don’t think, even for a second, that handing out kudos to Crosby while simultaneously denigrating a Capital right after a clutch win over the Penguins is gonna be popular around here.

Not to mention Kuznetsov had arguably the best postseason in franchise history less than two years ago, including the R2G6 OT series winner with your boy Sid on the ice.

Wake up.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ok so the difference of the caps winning it losing has me drinking all my top shelf. I’m enjoying this W, f*ck Pittsburgh.

Lotta hockey left. Better stock up.

Top_Shelf_Liquors-e1512434197219.jpg

Reactions: max21

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
You’re expressing your opinions, and I’m expressing mine. Don’t think, even for a second, that handing out kudos to Crosby while simultaneously denigrating a Capital right after a clutch win over the Penguins is gonna be popular around here.

Wake up.
You are not expressing your opinion. You are attacking another person - that's the difference. I'm not sure why I'm even engaged in this conversation. Please ignore me, coz I will be ignoring you.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
The play by Nicky behind the net on Oshie’s go-ahead goal, where he gets smoked by 2 Pens while freeing the puck and it eventually makes its way to 77 for the goal - that’s the kind of tenacity and grit we’ve been missing. Thought Backstrom had a huge game today - and it really makes a difference when he plays that way at both ends.

And, yeah, Kuzy could stand to study 19’s play on that Oshie goal in order to get some insight into what’s missing from his game and what he needs to be successful

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I liked:
Dillon
Willysona
Eller
Hairboy has returned to be my surfer crush again
Holtby
Tulamore 12

Disliked:
The PP
Kareless Kuzy
Carlson passing CallyJoe and promptly getting undressed
Every player who passed and didn't shoot the puck
The soft calls by the refs in the 1st...where were they the rest of the game
Holtby
* Me posting here again

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I feel we need another top 6 player. Didn't like that we couldn't sustain any offensive pressure for 2 periods. Hags and Eller were good, but Panic is so invisible. I was defending our 4th line, but they don't provide anything, especially offensively. We can't survive only on Holtby's play.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Ok so the difference of the caps winning it losing has me drinking all my top shelf. I’m enjoying this W, f*ck Pittsburgh.

If the Caps lose again, we will all know its because you are taking rail shots from plastic bottles

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Missed the game -- so did everything get fixed, we no longer need Mike Green and/or Dale Hunter to save us?
They were physical, for the portions of the game they had human breakout and even passing, forechecking.
Kempny looked better than Siege yesterday, Gudas too :) no odd man break f***ups from them this time.
Ovi and Kuzy continued to be soft.
3rd line continue to do good things.
Nicky played better.
Dillon was a star punching Malkin.

We should expect leaders to up their effort. But Pens arent looking like Carolina in terms of structure, maybe they were just convenient opponent for Caps.

Reactions: artilector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad