GDT: Caps vs Flyers (Round Robin #2) - 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
A quick bit of perspective. We’re missing our most important defenseman and we’re playing the 3 best teams in the league.

I wouldn’t extrapolate much from these three games

Not just our most important defensemen but our most important and best player.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
oh now you are being literal.
No. I’m being right. You’re just trying to argue semantics. Could go back and forth with that all day and go in circles.

Simply put - The Caps do not look good. They didn’t look good end of regular season either... and Reirden looks like so far he can’t handle being a nhl coach. At least 5 more caps games left - we will see if he can adjust - but if caps keep looking like this - I don’t think you even give him part of next year. The caps are old already and have never won with a rookie head coach. The only time they got past 2nd round in Ovis career is only time they had a vet head coach. We don’t need to try a third year with Reirden if he sucks again this postseason. This isn’t a caps team that has years to waste

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Well we suck. Better get their heads outta there asses and figure out how to generate some offensive chances or we're heading for another first round exit.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Maybe he needs something that would make him more alert

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
200.gif

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Saying Reirden is 3-6 in the playoffs is such disingenuous bullshit. You want to have a honest conversation but you put up these bullshit lies. Not only are these not playoff games (which is beyond obvious) even if they were calling a SO loss a regular loss when the SO loss actually benefits us is just a f***ing lie.

Reactions: Calicaps and um

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuzy gets benched. They cant win with that going on. Really cant win with Kuzy screwing up and sitting on the bench and Eller not in the lineup.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Either way, yet again, our constant lack of sustained possession in the offensive zone is all I need to see to know that Reirden is just not a good coach. It doesn't even seem like we have any system or plan when we enter the zone or are trying to cycle it. The passing and positioning is completely out of sync. We don't generate enough shots from the point and in general. And we're probably one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to offensive zone turnovers.

Defensively with breakouts and through the neutral zone we've seen stretches of good play throughout the season and in these 3 games. But offensively the team has just sucked and I think that's on Todd. Seems like he just tells them to gain the zone and do whatever. It's looked like that all season. It feels like we just score goals off of pure skill and luck, not actual strategy in the O-zone. When's the last time you remember the Caps hemming the other team in their zone for over a minute? Every trip into the offensive zone is just one-and-done over and over.

Reirden's also not a very passionate coach on the bench. When things weren't going well you could always see Boudreau, Hunter, Trotz, and even Oates getting fired up and shouting at his players and these guys need a kick in the ass from time to time to wake up. I can't remember one time seeing Reirden yell at anyone except maybe the refs at times. I'm sorry but I just don't think he's a good HC and is probably better suited to be an assistant. I've been saying this since November 2018. We should've gotten a real HC to replace Trotz.

Then you have Forsythe who should be canned along with Todd if they get bounced early these playoffs. 2 straight years finishing outside the top-10 in PP% even though we have the best PP players in the league.

Reactions: Heath

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
They ARE NOT PLAYOFF GAMES. PLAYOFF = GO HOME. Even the NHL considers the play in games not playoff games. Stop lying
The absolutely aren't and IMO it's a real disadvantage. The format stinks. The "qualifying" teams are playing real playoff hockey while the actual qualified teams are playing the largely meaningless end of the regular season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the round robin team was out early as a consequence.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Toward the end of the regular season, teams make a point of being on their game the last 5-10 contests. And oftentimes those games aren't for seeding.

The exhibition/round-robin apologetics are lame.

They look like doo-doo, and Reirden is a quick exit from being doneso.

Reactions: Heath

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Saying Reirden is 3-6 in the playoffs is such disingenuous bullshit. You want to have a honest conversation but you put up these bullshit lies. Not only are these not playoff games (which is beyond obvious) even if they were calling a SO loss a regular loss when the SO loss actually benefits us is just a f***ing lie.
Lol someone is a little bitter.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
That’s all well and good but he needs to produce offense also at his salary slot...been kinda crappy there no?
Atleast he is contributing defensively. I'm curious why no one is complaining about our other top 6 players that are producing nothing.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Atleast he is contributing defensively. I'm curious why no one is complaining about our other top 6 players that are producing nothing.

I think it's fair to say that everyone is concerned lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad