Mar 19, 2015
DC
Kovy with a 16pt game

Calson in?
Eller out?

giphy.gif

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
f*** the Flyers, per usual. But, to be honest, they and Carolina are the two teams that scare the shit out of me in the East. Carolina is the #1 team I do not want to face - Philly #2. I am fine w/ anyone else in the East.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Lovin' our gdt. The Flyers' gdt is up on the mains. LOL. Our rep is great

We do have a rep to maintain, but I think the Flyers are supposed to be the home team in this game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We do have a rep to maintain, but I think the Flyers are supposed to be the home team in this game.

If the home road is set by record, the Capitals should be the home team as the division winner. Otherwise they wont be the home team at all

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
If the home road is set by record, the Capitals should be the home team as the division winner. Otherwise they wont be the home team at all

I'm not sure exactly what the procedure was for determining home teams during the round robins. But I just rechecked and Philadelphia really is the "home" team in this game. And the main boards pick the home team GDT usually (except for Caps home games of course).

Washington Capitals - Philadelphia Flyers - August 6th, 2020

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm not sure exactly what the procedure was for determining home teams during the round robins. But I just rechecked and Philadelphia really is the "home" team in this game. And the main boards pick the home team GDT usually (except for Caps home games of course).

Washington Capitals - Philadelphia Flyers - August 6th, 2020

I thought I read on the mains that the home teams GDT is used unless its not a real GDT with actual relevant content. Call that the "Caps Clause" in the GDT rules. LMAO!

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
f*** the Flyers, per usual. But, to be honest, they and Carolina are the two teams that scare the shit out of me in the East. Carolina is the #1 team I do not want to face - Philly #2. I am fine w/ anyone else in the East.
I thought I wanted Carolina last year... it is what it is.

Looking like regardless - it's going to be a hell of a way to get through the East. We really, really need Carlson to be 100% b/c the other top teams in East can score in bunches - but have holes defensively or physically. Tampa = I think we will beat them up in a 7 game series. Boston = we have their number and match up very well. Toronto = not good defensively and have chemistry issues at times. Carolina/Islanders = will have to grind it out but Caps have much more talent. Pittsburgh/Montreal = both teams are going nowhere. Phill = maybe the toughest matchup for the Caps.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I see all this Flyers fear. Claude Giroux hasnt won a playoff series since 2012. Most of their top players have no more playoff success to fall back on. Their goalie has never been in the playoffs. The Caps can sure lose to them, but any Caps team that would lose to them wouldnt be going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
I see all this Flyers fear. Claude Giroux hasnt won a playoff series since 2012. Most of their top players have no more playoff success to fall back on. Their goalie has never been in the playoffs. The Caps can sure lose to them, but any Caps team that would lose to them wouldnt be going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

Its more like fear of Vigneault. Like Tortarella, Vigneault has history of taking us out and making it difficult for us.

But new year new playoffs. Let's go Caps!

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I don’t see much separation between any of the teams except Colorado and Tampa, and the East teams being better than West teams

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Get well JC, I'm hoping "getting treatment" means they really do think he has a shot at playing soon. Glad Boyd gets a game.

If Montreal can finish off Pitt, that means the 2 seed would get worst of Fl/CBJ/Tor. I would like to shoot for the 2.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Get well JC, I'm hoping "getting treatment" means they really do think he has a shot at playing soon.

He clearly has some kind of leg soft tissue injury. He gets treatment everyday to push the healing. Not playing today is a red flag. The game time decision for the first game and not playing could be explained. This one means that the first one was bullshit.

I am not confident that he is going to play any of these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->