Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I just did this. $12 for the year? No brainer. Shit is so fast now and no page refreshes. All for less than one drink at Capital One! hell yeah! Thanks for the tip!

another believer :D

told you so

hard to believe what a massive difference it makes, turned the site from a chore to casual pleasure

Last edited:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Can Leonard even play this year since he wasn’t on the roster and signed by the freeze? I’m not sure of the rules here.
Yes, he can.
All players on a teams reserve list by the deadline can play for them, as long as they get a contract. This applies both for the regular season and the playoffs.
In addition, undrafted college players can play in the regular season if they sign a contract after their season is over (happens every year), but can not play in playoffs, because they wouldn't have been on the teams reserve list at the deadline.
Signed, lurker

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Hockey Godz treated us well last night with PHI + DET both losing in reg (PHI really ffffffd up)

We're on a 12gms in 22 days? stretch so it can't be a surprise to have a game like v TOR last night

The ONLY 2 day break from Mar 7 thru Apr 16 (end of RS) is after Sat v BOS
That's a crazy stretch, 22gms in 41 days, good things so many of the yutes are lessening the impact, gotta wonder how OV, Oshie and JC74 are gonna do the last 10

Reactions: Calicaps

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
You’re talking to a fanbase and a franchise that had Dale Hunter as the C.

AND he centered the 4th line for a spell at the end of his career.

So…..yeah?
Yeah.
2. Who is that directed to? I never took issue with having the C playing on the 4th line.
1. No problems with Dale. He was right for the time. Got the C when he was 34, in the latter stages of his career.
Marchand is doing fewer stupid moves now that he has the C. Although it's not a reason to give the C to Willie, maybe he would think twice. He's already allowed himself to become a figment of his prior physical self, taking penalties that are more like Alexandre Semin than Alex Ovechkin.
We don't know what happens in the room, so maybe 43 will be the right guy after Ovie hangs 'em up. From what I see, I have my doubts.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah.
2. Who is that directed to? I never took issue with having the C playing on the 4th line.
1. No problems with Dale. He was right for the time. Got the C when he was 34, in the latter stages of his career.
Marchand is doing fewer stupid moves now that he has the C. Although it's not a reason to give the C to Willie, maybe he would think twice. He's already allowed himself to become a figment of his prior physical self, taking penalties that are more like Alexandre Semin than Alex Ovechkin.
We don't know what happens in the room, so maybe 43 will be the right guy after Ovie hangs 'em up. From what I see, I have my doubts.

The org is grooming him for it. He will be the next C.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah.
Part to you.
Part to @ClevelandCapsfan

• Haha
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Yes, he can.
All players on a teams reserve list by the deadline can play for them, as long as they get a contract. This applies both for the regular season and the playoffs.
In addition, undrafted college players can play in the regular season if they sign a contract after their season is over (happens every year), but can not play in playoffs, because they wouldn't have been on the teams reserve list at the deadline.
Signed, lurker
Wasn’t Makar playing in the playoffs out of college? Knies last year as well.

I think you’re wrong on that one.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA

He is talking about two different things:

* Drafted players where team owns their rights and play in college (so not contract yet) can play IF they sign a contract. Leonard is in that group because they surely put him (and Chesley) on the reserve list.
* Undrafted players (like say Mud) could sign an agreement and play but not in the playoffs.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

Yes, they were. Because, as I outlined in the OP, they had already been drafted by their respective teams, so they were on their teams' reserve list by the trade deadline that year.
It's only the UNdrafted college players that sign with a team that can only play in the regular season, and not the playoffs.
Edit: I was WAY late to the party.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Does anybody know if Leonard can play in Hershey for the playoffs since he wasn't on their roster for clear day?
I think so. Suzdalev was with the club during the playoff run last year. Even though he didn't play, I understood he could have if they wanted.

Reactions: toolboyy

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
1711982786702.png

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We can beat Carolina.

I think we match up okay against most playoff teams in the East. Its just the Maple Leafs they can't figure out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat either the Rangers or the Hurricanes. Not expecting it, but wouldn't be surprised either.

• Love
Reactions: Ridley Simon

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
I think we match up okay against most playoff teams in the East. Its just the Maple Leafs they can't figure out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat either the Rangers or the Hurricanes. Not expecting it, but wouldn't be surprised either.
We can beat the Maple Leafs. All the pressure will be on them. Everything has been working against us for them. We can stun them early, seize the momentum, and Chuckie can steal a game or two to push it to 7 where it's anyone's game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad