Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wilson has played the 4th line before this season and Carbery mentioned it was to get some more balanced matchups. I got no issues with it, he’ll still get his fair share on the PP or shorthanded

They will sit Miro in close games and double shift Wilson anyway, so it all works out even if it looks a little weird on paper.
I mean spot duty is one thing, lines are shuffled all the time….I just don’t expect him to be skating solely in that spot…for any significant length of time…

Reactions: Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Serious shoulder surgery. Painkillers are really easy to get addicted to. Not trying to speculate, but it’d make the most sense.
Man, this is the 2nd Caps player(Kuzy before him) to go into the Player Assistance Program. This is not looking good rep wise for the organization. You can't deny that there could be some rumblings about the Caps somehow not taking care of their players well enough.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Phillips probably isn’t going to play, but still would have been nice for a Frank recall instead. He could bring some much needed speed
I think Frank is actually a victim of their success this season. If they were out of it I think he’d had already gotten into a game but at this point it’s not likely that they’re going to integrate a new guy.

Hope Bear is ok.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Man, this is the 2nd Caps player(Kuzy before him) to go into the Player Assistance Program. This is not looking good rep wise for the organization. You can't deny that there could be some rumblings about the Caps somehow not taking care of their players well enough.
I think that’s categorically incorrect. Every player who has been through here has said it’s a top class organization. Pacioretty turned down the opportunity to go to New York to stay here even when it looked like they weren’t going to make the playoffs. Sandin committed here long term.

It’s much more likely that a guy who was struggling after coming off an injury is dealing with some personal issues that may or may not be new.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
the $1 a month was a game changer for me, i seriously recommend
How much kick back are you getting for pushing this? LOL I never knew it was an option has completely changed my experience on my mobile no longer deal with the adds that took up the majority of the page and now not having full screen adds pop up over the web browser as well.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think that’s categorically incorrect. Every player who has been through here has said it’s a top class organization. Pacioretty turned down the opportunity to go to New York to stay here even when it looked like they weren’t going to make the playoffs. Sandin committed here long term.

It’s much more likely that a guy who was struggling after coming off an injury is dealing with some personal issues that may or may not be new.
💯

And more than that even, the team clearly not only supported Kuzy and gave him every opportunity to bounce back through whatever was going on with him, but they also orchestrated a trade to a contender with his good friend on the roster the instant he was cleared to play.

Look, for contrast, at how Detroit and St. Louis treated Vrana. Caps go above and beyond.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, you hate to speculate on a players struggles, but it kind of writes itself with Bear. Hopefully he can get sorted out no matter what it is and start over next year as a new man. He’s still young.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

I disagree. Bear hasn't been here long for a cup of coffee and the Caps are a classy organization imho compared to a lot of the league teams. Bear was a gamble signing and players are still individuals who make their choices.

Reactions: PlushMinus

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
How much kick back are you getting for pushing this? LOL I never knew it was an option has completely changed my experience on my mobile no longer deal with the adds that took up the majority of the page and now not having full screen adds pop up over the web browser as well.
I just did this. $12 for the year? No brainer. Shit is so fast now and no page refreshes. All for less than one drink at Capital One! hell yeah! Thanks for the tip!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad