Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Phillips has played here, knows the system, knows the players. He is an easier re-entry and these games are important. Hopefully his fancy stats will translate into results tonight.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Tom Wilson just f***ed the season.

How many f***ing times does Oglethorpe need to get suspended?

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Tom Wilson just f***ed the season.

How many f***ing times does Oglethorpe need to get suspended?
Easy there big dawg. He hasn’t played dirty in a long time. he barely plays physical anymore. So this seems a bit over the top to me.

But what he did was stupid and deserved to get a couple of games. 6 seems like a lot of reputation.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Easy there big dawg. He hasn’t played dirty in a long time. he barely plays physical anymore. So this seems a bit over the top to me.

But what he did was stupid and deserved to get a couple of games. 6 seems like a lot of reputation.
You would have thought we would be beyond this. People are mentioning him as the next captain.

He’s been suspended what, 4 or 5 times, 30 plus games.

He’s been suspended in the playoffs.

Now, he’s suspended as we fight to make the playoffs.

How many times does this guy need to touch fire to realize it’s hot?

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'd call 6 games a positive outcome. Could have been worse. Wilson managed to high stick the guy in a way that made it impossible to come up with any explanation other than that he wanted to do what he did. He probably saved himself an extra 2-4 games by showing remorse immediately after.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a relatively recent element to Wilson's game that he will need to clean up. I get that it must be really frustrating for a guy like him to be on the wrong end of so many blow out losses but that's the reality of where this team is at the moment and is likely to be a for a while. Gotta get some composure and show a bit of leadership.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
All signs point to…..nah…
Sho nuff. Frank scored tonight in Hershey. Hershey plays again Tuesday and Saturday of next week. If Protas and Oshie is ready to come back, might want to bring up Frank. He can watch a game or two as 13F before possibly getting in the lineup.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Let’s just dress 7 defense until someone can come back.
Right. I mentioned that in another thread.

The other 11 forwards can far more easily take on Phillips 4min, while Bear could help take some of the load off Carlson.

He could play say 5-6min, so Carly is looking at 24-25, not 30!

It makes too much sense !

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Right. I mentioned that in another thread.

The other 11 forwards can far more easily take on Phillips 4min, while Bear could help take some of the load off Carlson.

He could play say 5-6min, so Carly is looking at 24-25, not 30!

It makes too much sense !
Yep this makes sense to me. Phillips getting those few minutes, roll with 7 d so the work load along the blue line is distributed a little better.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Agreed with everybody else. 7 D sounds like a good temporary answer. The Caps have way more pressure on d-man minutes than on forward lines.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

Wilson has had many many stupid penalties this year. He’s a hot head who too often hurts his own team.

He’s one of our best player when he’s not though, so he really needs to stop this shit.

Reactions: Misery74

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Wilson has had many many stupid penalties this year. He’s a hot head who too often hurts his own team.

He’s one of our best player when he’s not though, so he really needs to stop this shit.
Stupid penalties yes. Dirty plays no. Agreed he needs to clean it up. He is also falling a lot this year which I don’t understand.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Stupid penalties yes. Dirty plays no. Agreed he needs to clean it up. He is also falling a lot this year which I don’t understand.
Agreed he’s had less dirty plays, but he did just slash a guy in the head and received a six game suspension in a key part of the season.

So less, but not gone

Reactions: DWGie26

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I hope to God we get Oshie and Protas back tomorrow. If so:

8-24-77
63-17-15
67-29-21
47-26-96

Jimi and Miro look great on PP1, I see no reason to change anything.

Wilson should replace NAK when he returns. Let him work his way up the lineup.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

He fell down a lot in the past too. Lots of body is my guess. At his age he should hold back the frustration plays imho. Some folks let the competitive nature take over and don't control it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I hope to God we get Oshie and Protas back tomorrow. If so:

8-24-77
63-17-15
67-29-21
47-26-96

Jimi and Miro look great on PP1, I see no reason to change anything.

Wilson should replace NAK when he returns. Let him work his way up the lineup.
We really just need one of them, to get the HJ45 off the ice. He’s useless. (Sorry @twabby , not a jab, he’s just no help to the cause here, but he IS in Hershey).

If so? Say it’s Protas.

8-24-96
63-17-15
67-29-21
47-26-23

I dunno. Truly. But just keep HJ45 away from the lineup please.

• Wow
Reactions: twabby and Misery74

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Great to see both Protas and Oshie in the lineup. Sgarbosa with scratch along with Phillips. Time to send Phillips back to Hershey where he plays.

Now potentially Milano going out of the lineup. So Sgarbosa in and can still send Phillips down. Should be able to do an Emergency Callup (doesn’t count as one of our 4 call-ups - Miro and Lapierre count so two down). But should be able to bring Frank up as Emergency callup for Milano. Let’s do that please.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
remember when this board was calling mcmichael a bum and wanted him to be traded. classic meeting of the minds stuff.
Honestly, we’re at a point where the two young centers are doing everything.

CMM - PK, PP2
Jimi - PP1 (should absolutely be on PK)

I do admit, I once said McMichael had “Hagelin Hands”. Making me eat my words for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad