Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Jack*

I just feel that this fan base clings way too much to something that happened over 20 years ago. Honestly most fan bases wouldnt want to brag about something that hasn't happened in 2 decades.

If you were around in 1994 to see the cup and know what it meant, you'd understand a bit more why we cling to it. I don't really see anyone "bragging" too much about it to be honest. But it was a great run. Best team in the league + the cup = extremely memorable season. First Russians to win the cup. First American to win the Conn Smythe. Yeah, it was special. 7 games down to the wire. Maybe if we duplicate it this year, then go another 20 plus without winning, some young dude will say "tired of hearing about that 2015 team". Then you'd understand lol. :)

Jan 8, 2012
NY
LMAO. Nbc will focus on Ovenchicken taunting Lundqvist during their intermission report. At least they're clearly showing who they're rooting for.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
LMAO. Nbc will focus on Ovenchicken taunting Lundqvist during their intermission report. At least they're clearly showing who they're rooting for.

Was watching the end of the period of that game and saw that...news to me...what is this 'taunting' they are referring to?

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
LoL at the mere thought of bringing up McIlrath to "shadow" AO. Might as well just forfeit the series to the Caps. My gawd. :laugh:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

The NHL doesn't need to help the Rangers because the Ranger fans stick with this team for good times and bad times.

The other teams? Ehh…not so much

Note: see Pittsburg 2002-2005

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You said your too young to remember 90s Messier right?

It was a difference of a few points between the two, and without the guarantee, Jersey would be sitting on 4 cups instead of 3, and the curse would still be here.

What people say is irrelevant to the point.

Leetch definitely deserved it It was the best post-season I have ever seen by a player in a Rangers uniform.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
The NHL doesn't need to help the Rangers because the Ranger fans stick with this team for good times and bad times.

The other teams? Ehh…not so much

Note: see Pittsburg 2002-2005

I'll tell you something, Regg. I really had you pegged wrong and I feel horrible for misjudging you! I've come to respect and appreciate the vast majority of your posts.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If you were around in 1994 to see the cup and know what it meant, you'd understand a bit more why we cling to it. I don't really see anyone "bragging" too much about it to be honest. But it was a great run. Best team in the league + the cup = extremely memorable season. First Russians to win the cup. First American to win the Conn Smythe. Yeah, it was special. 7 games down to the wire. Maybe if we duplicate it this year, then go another 20 plus without winning, some young dude will say "tired of hearing about that 2015 team". Then you'd understand lol. :)

...it was 20 years ago. get over it.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
He is arguably THE greatest Ranger. Ever. He won more cups in Edmonton, but the most important cup of his career was won here in NY. As far as him being dirty goes...nice guys finish last. And that's coming from a "nice guy". And Messier considers himself a Ranger, not an Oiler. He meant much more to the city of NY than he ever did to Edmonton. Gretzky is an Oiler. Messier is a Ranger.

Take it easy there.

Cobra Jack*

...it was 20 years ago. get over it.

Get over what? We won. We didn't lose. Seriously questioning how much of a Rangers fan you are when you can't even appreciate your supposed favorite teams history. Maybe the Kings or Hawks would be a better fit for you since you seem to be more into recent championships.

Cobra Jack*

Brian Leetch is the answer to this question.

Yes I think so too, but you can also make a case for Messier and not sound ridiculous doing it. Certainly Messier was the greatest Captain we ever had, although I am sure saying that will irk a certain young poster here who shall remain nameless.

MooseheadNYR*

Brian Leetch is the answer to this question.

This is the best NY Ranger ever.

KWONG-articleLarge.jpg

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Heads and shoulders above Messier at literally the same time?

Leetch was easily the most important Ranger on that Cup-winning team.

What head and shoulders means exactly, I'm not sure, but Leetch was certainly the most valuable post-season player that season.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
We can't make fun of Isles fans for hanging onto their 80s dynasty and then wax poetic about 1994.

It happened 21 years ago. Its quickly becoming pretty pathetic to keep talking about it.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
We shouldn't.

I don't. But I also don't go around bragging about 1994.

1994, the 80s Islanders, or the 60s Habs are all exactly the same to me. I wasn't alive for any of those teams, and I don't need them shoved down my throat.

I want THIS Rangers team to create it's own legacy, not be compared to the 1994 team any time something good happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest