Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Without Leetch there is no cup.

Without Matteau there's no cup. But I wouldn't be so quick to put him up in the rafters or whatnot. You could fill in the blank of Without so and so... for pretty much every Ranger on that team.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Without Leetch there is no cup.

You understand that we had to win the 3rd round before the 4th round, right?

And in regard to Richter, Leetch missed Bure and he had to pull the Russian Rocket (the right thing given the situation), and Richter was ok with that one or is my memory fuzzy?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Without Matteau there's no cup. But I wouldn't be so quick to put him up in the rafters or whatnot. You could fill in the blank of Without so and so... for pretty much every Ranger on that team.

You understand that we had to win the 3rd round before the 4th round, right?

And in regard to Richter, Leetch missed Bure and he had to pull the Russian Rocket (the right thing given the situation), and Richter was ok with that one or is my memory fuzzy?

So like we're just going to ignore that fact that the only dman to ever have more points in a playoff run was 95 Coffey?

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
So like we're just going to ignore that fact that the only dman to ever have more points in a playoff run was 95 Coffey?

All of us love Leetch too. We're simply responding to the lack of logic and awareness.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
So just attack my age instead of explaining why Richter's number is up there over Worsley or Kerr

In attacking your admission that you don't remeber it, yet you still claim your credible on it.

And the Gumper will be remember for 3 things, no mask, playing well while drunk, and as a Hab.

Also, there are a ton from that era who were snubbed because the number retirement wasn't the thing yet.

How do you feel about Bryan Hextall's 1940 winner?

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Messier's hat trick was incredibly clutch, but Leetch was the better player over the entire playoffs.

Again, you're preaching to the choir, as I don't disagree he deserved it. But I can totally understand the argument made for Mess as well. I wouldn't have objected to him getting it for a second. But I'll settle for his lifting the cup like a boss moment.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
No

Go check Messier's stats and then add in the intangibles.

The problem is, you can only truly gauge the intangibles if you actually had the pleasure of having lived through experiencing them. But that is also why to those of us that had, he will always be The Captain.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Again, you're preaching to the choir. But I can totally understand the argument made for Mess as well. I wouldn't have objected to him getting it for a second. But I'll settle for his lifting the cup like a boss moment.

I'm not dissing Leetch. He was amazing! This started when I said Mark Messier is criminally underrated, and then Dactyl decided to elucidate my point in 10 posts.

Leetch was awesome too.

Seriously though. I try to be succinct when I post. In fact when someone completely misses my point, I read my post again to make sure I didn't have a gaffe.

Sometimes I'm afraid that my screen shows English, yet I'm typing in a foreign language.

Or people want to jump at you for a point you didn't make.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The problem is, you can only truly gauge the intangibles if you actually had the pleasure of having lived through experiencing them. But that is also why to those of us that had, he will always be The Captain.

Which is what I keep saying.

Look at the post before this. Do I need to put footnotes in my post?

In fact I even tried that once, but I couldn't get the super script to register in the advanced settings.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I just feel that this fan base clings way too much to something that happened over 20 years ago. Honestly most fan bases wouldnt want to brag about something that hasn't happened in 2 decades.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I just feel that this fan base clings way too much to something that happened over 20 years ago. Honestly most fan bases wouldnt want to brag about something that hasn't happened in 2 decades.

How does this negate anything that was said?

And the Rangers brass does shove 1994 down our throats too.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Which is what I keep saying.

Look at the post before this. Do I need to put footnotes in my post?

In fact I even tried that once, but I couldn't get the super script to register in the advanced settings.

Dude, I'm totally fighting on your side. Why are you commenting to me? Now it's you preaching to the choir lol.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Dude, I'm totally fighting on your side. Why are you commenting to me? Now it's you preaching to the choir lol.

I meant I typed the first response as you were writing, so when I made the second one I just said look at it. I get where you are coming from. I was referring to the quote your quoted. I can't make 10 quotes for each response.

I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad