Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Backstrom should be suspended, but "fans" here would rather crap all over their team, rather than let a play that 29 other fanbases would be livid over.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Hopefully someone reminds McD that throwing the puck up the middle of the ice when Ovechkin is standing RIGHT THERE is not a good plan.

BarbaraAlphanse

Taking precautions from watching Saturday. Throwing salt in my eyes. Brb.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Nash will not be a factor in the playoffs as expected. Lets all relax and forget about it.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
I don't care if it was a flying elbow to the back of the head. There are 4 other ****ing skaters out there. Surely one of them is capable of covering for him.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Backstrom won't even get a phone call about it because the NHL wants to sell how their great superstar ovechkin lead his team to victory not that they won't on a dirty play against a pile of **** of a defender

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
HORRIBLE job by Lundqvist on that last goal. His positioning was dreadful. You can't let that puck slip under your pad like that. He fell asleep and Holtby outplayed him tonight for sure.

Rangers did not deserve to win this game so I'm not even upset about it. If this is the best they've got, they will lose this series in 5 games.

I feel that awful feeling that destiny is just not on our side this year. Losing Zucc is going to turn the whole playoffs around for this team. MSL is terrible, just terrible and he needs to retire.

This season feels like 1992. Great regular season, out in round 2.

This is exactly the feeling I've had. We won the first round but I never felt we were all that convincing. We were sloppy and it reminded me a lot of when it took us 7 to beat the Devils that year. We just look like a shot team that is scraping out games.

AFAIC, all of the weaknesses in our team were served up on a platter tonight. Nash is still in regions unknown, contributed absolutely nothing. And sadly, it's not a surprise. You saw the graphic during the game, he is simply not a playoff scorer. We're hoping for something that is probably not going to happen.

MSL and Boyle are two HUGE liabilities on this team and are bringing down everyone around them. Boyle is still serviceable with the puck, but he is so poor defensively that he shouldn't get anymore than PP play and maybe 10-12 minutes overall. Of what use is he to us, then?

I'm convinced now that the MSL trade was a bust. Even if we get to the Finals this year, it looks pretty certain that Marty won't be one of the prime movers for that happening.

AV has always made thick as **** decisions and I'm still in disbelief that he had Boyle with McDonagh when he could've had Giarardi or Klein to play. Just an unbelievably bad decision. Two defensemen who never play with each other at even strength on in the last seconds of a game. No wonder this guy still hasn't won a Cup.

And can I make a last point here? Backstrom was dirty on the goal, but where were the 4 other players on the ice who gave Ward a free trip to the front of the net?

BarbaraAlphanse

St. Louis is a possession nightmare. Can he hold on to the puck for longer than 2 seconds? Is it possible? Standing in the corner waiting to pass and eating time off our Powerplay doesn't count.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hunwick would cough the puck up every time he's pressured along the half boards. Boyle wasn't great, but I would still rather take his experience over a smallish journeyman defenseman against a physical Caps team.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
i've officially turned on nash after that game. he's not fighting. doesn't seem to want to be the guy to put the team on his back. he's a passenger.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Brutal way to lose. Miller is going to have nightmares about tonight like Pierre said. Rude awakening for the Rangers who need to play a full, focused 60 minutes and COVER JOEL WARD IN THE SLOT.

Ovechkin showed up tonight and made an impact. Which Rangers are going to step up and do that on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest