Post-Game Talk: caps @ Rangers - 3/30/2021

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Glad this draft is weak so I don’t have to root for missing the playoffs.

Still need to get creative to find a young 1C type like Lundell.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
ExxZA4uWEAYXP8f

That makes sense after seeing the 4th line get pinned in time after time against the Backstrom line. And the coach just kept throwing them out there against them. Shesty and the post saved them.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
How the actual f*** does the fourth line get so much ice time? How the actual f*** were they put on the rink opposite Backstrom on purpose all night? How the actual f*** were they given TWO more shifts after Backstrom hit the post on the third?

Not much to complaint about tonight. Great win and awesome to see Kakko looking beastly. But f***, that fourth line needs to be playing about half as much as they do.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do any of you guys remember during Hank's rookie season in 05-06 there was a similar game to this one against the Calgary Flames? The Flames scored 2 quick goals in the first but we came back and won 4-2. For some reason I always felt that was an iconic early career game for Hank. I feel the same after this one for Igor. Great game by him. Exactly what I've been hoping for.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Glad this draft is weak so I don’t have to root for missing the playoffs.

Still need to get creative to find a young 1C type like Lundell.

Don’t think the draft is weak, it’s very uncertain since a lot of kids didn’t play as much or were not scouted as much. If the Rangers pick mid 1st round may get a nice surprise.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
It's amazing they gave up the 2 goals in the first 5 min of the game.

Shesty gave them a chance. Good game for him.

How can you not love a game where Chytil, Kakko and Fox all score.

Hajek made up for a poor choice defending on the 2nd goal. He caved in on his own goalie. But he had a good game otherwise. Impressed that he didn't let that bad play ruin his game.

Most of the forwards had a good game. Laf played well too after the first period. He played his best two periods in a while.

Kakko went to the net really well in the third. Not only did he score, but he was crucial on the Fox goal. He drew Jensen to him and Jensen went down which gave Fox the clean route to the net. It just shows you how effective it will be for Kakko to go to the net.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
He's not a bad player. Dude gives it his all every time he's out there. Scored two goals the last game to spark our 4 goal, 3rd period. The hate that Blackwell gets is unbelievable.

Not hate, tough love I think. kidding

It's not Blackwell rational people dislike, he is fine. It coaching deciding to do silly stuff.

Similarly Pionk, I don't think anyone hated him, he was playing above his head at the time and the Rangers management not having a better option was the issue.

Same as Trouba, it's not dislike for him, it management not having a replacement for Pionk, them always liking Trouba which led to Trouba and his contract.

Smith, Shattenkirk, too, Rangers brought them in and put them above where they were playing prior and they did not do well with that.

Glass, etc

It's not the player, it's always either coaching or management that leads to the angst.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Not hate, tough love I think. kidding

It's not Blackwell rational people dislike, he is fine. It coaching deciding to do silly stuff.

Similarly Pionk, I don't think anyone hated him, he was playing above his head at the time and the Rangers management not having a better option was the issue.

Same as Trouba, it's not dislike for him, it management not having a replacement for Pionk, them always liking Trouba which led to Trouba and his contract.

Smith, Shattenkirk, too, Rangers brought them in and put them above where they were playing prior and they did not do well with that.

Glass, etc

It's not the player, it's always either coaching or management that leads to the "whipping boy" thing.
I understand what you are saying, and I agree: a lot of players we had were just poor management. Isn't Pionk doing well? Yandle, another player we mismanaged imo.
Glass was an AV obsession lol.

Reactions: Buchnevich89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad