3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Statement win. Not because it was an amazing performance but because of what, I'd imagine, it means for a young team.

After the brutal start and line blender 2nd I was just about through with my patience. Awesome effort in the 3rd.

First star has to be Shesty though. Easily could have been a 2-3 goal Caps win.

Kakko is looking dangerous out there. Nice to see him rewarded.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Statement win. Not because it was an amazing performance but because of what, I'd imagine, it means for a young team.

After the brutal start and line blender 2nd I was just about through with my patience. Awesome effort in the 3rd.

What would be refreshing is to build on this and start strong next game and not come out flat.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Do any of you guys remember during Hank's rookie season in 05-06 there was a similar game to this one against the Calgary Flames? The Flames scored 2 quick goals in the first but we came back and won 4-2. For some reason I always felt that was an iconic early career game for Hank. I feel the same after this one for Igor. Great game by him. Exactly what I've been hoping for.

I was at that one in 05-06...moved to Calgary in 05. I was also at the game in 2018 when he had 50 saves and was just on another level. (he had just had a ridiculous win couple nights prior in Vancouver)

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
He's not a bad player. Dude gives it his all every time he's out there. Scored two goals the last game to spark our 4 goal, 3rd period. The hate that Blackwell gets is unbelievable.
I don't hate Blackwell although I rag on him. My issue is for a 4th liner, he is bad in the D zone. He needs to be playing top 6 and we can't allow him to do that.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Igor is the man. The Fox goal and the KK goal were masterpieces. And big ups to Fil for getting us going. I thought Trouba and Miller were very good in this one.

Reactions: egelband

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I understand what you are saying, and I agree: a lot of players we had were just poor management. Isn't Pionk doing well? Yandle, another player we mismanaged imo.
Glass was an AV obsession lol.

Pionk seems to be doing well, and good for him.

Back to Cowb... I mean Blackwell though, I think he does well (pun) in certain situations. He is not a drag on the team, neither really are DGP, Rooney, etc. They have been better than McKegg, and stuff.

It's just more certain in-game situations need to be read by coaching, who to play right then, who not to play, score based, who is going, who is not, when to mix the lines, when not to, etc, etc, and sometimes at least to me coaching gets that incorrect at times, and it's annoying. On the flip side they get it right often too and the incorrect gets noticed more than the correct.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was at that one in 05-06...moved to Calgary in 05. I was also at the game in 2018 when he had 50 saves and was just on another level. (he had just had a ridiculous win couple nights prior in Vancouver)

It WAS at MSG, you're probably thinking of a different game. Either way, it was a memorable game, and next game we came back from 2 down against the Oilers (this I had to look up).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

its their best win of the year as far as I’m concerned. That’s the kind of win you need when you want to be taken seriously and goes a long way with a young team.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I would like to know what sorcerer,.. Panarin has on his payroll. Cause I can't believe he can possess all that magic by himself. That primary assist to Fox was ridiculous. Blind pass on his backhand through a defenders legs at the blueline? Are you kidding me? He must have a half a dozen wizards on his payroll.

Cause if that wasn't magic, then I don't know what magic is. That was otherworldly.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
How the actual f*** does the fourth line get so much ice time? How the actual f*** were they put on the rink opposite Backstrom on purpose all night? How the actual f*** were they given TWO more shifts after Backstrom hit the post on the third?

Not much to complaint about tonight. Great win and awesome to see Kakko looking beastly. But f***, that fourth line needs to be playing about half as much as they do.

This is one of many reasons people hate Quinn. His management of players ice time sucks and once again they were sleep walking for the first 10 minutes. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Hmmm, I thought it was at MSG. I guess it was 15 years ago so I don't remember.

LOL I'm wiping away some serious cobwebs - you're most likely right actually. I think I only missed one Rangers' game as visitors since moving here, and they lost that one and it wasn't a good showing so I was ok I didn't go ;)

The game in 05-06 I'm probably foggy on since I was able to get in to see the pregame skate and meet some of the boys when they were leaving the rink. (even the broadcast crew)

Colton Orr was the first to come up to the crowd of fans, first greeting my toddler son who was in my arms. Pretty sure my son is taller than me now...it'd be splitting hairs lol

Anyways, pointless story time over :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad