Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No. Actually, hell no. I’d even posit they won the Cup in spite of Trotz. Every year Trotz was the coach he refused to play young talent. Orlov, Burakovsky, Vrana, Djoos... all sat for garbage like Gleason, Weber, Glencross. Alzner played when he couldn’t skate against the Penguins. Trotz had the best roster in hockey and ruined it twice. He almost didn’t even get a chance to ruin it in 2018. The only time they won he had no choice but to play his young legs. I love Barry and will forever think he’s a solid dude but that’s a garbage line of thinking. They weren’t any more disciplined, any better offensively or defensively, and certainly didn’t make better roster choices any year he was the coach. He got lucky and that’s that.

Jesus....enough with all coach blame.....you complain about the Reirden critics.....I complain about all of you bitching over ANY coaches! Carry on.....:)

Big win today.....LGC’s!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Couldn't watch the game live even if it was a 7PM start for me.

But just finish to watch the replay.

Nice W, first period was awesome.
That 4th line is so good.

Liked how Sullivan put Crosby's line against the 4th line and in the first Caps scores.
and because of that, Nicky's line is playing against Malkin's, and Caps scores again.
btw, nice job by Selke Crosby on the Dowd's SHG lol.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Couldn't watch the game live even if it was a 7PM start for me.

But just finish to watch the replay.

Nice W, first period was awesome.
That 4th line is so good.

Liked how Sullivan put Crosby's line against the 4th line and in the first Caps scores.
and because of that, Nicky's line is playing against Malkin's, and Caps scores again.
btw, nice job by Selke Crosby on the Dowd's SHG lol.

Selke Crosby got a goal and a PP Crosby but he was -1.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This was a great game, and probably the best since early this year. I don't know what the switch was, but I'm hoping it was not a flicker and back to normal. I'm most happy in Backstrom, he has looked completely lost and finally had a good game. Holtby was also strong. I'm not going to relax into the "all is well" world, I want to see a couple of games in a row before I declare the problem is fixed. Also TR is not off my hot seat due to finally a 60 minute effort.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Everyone?
Let’s not give TR the cup after 1 win lol

We want to fire TR after every loss, so why not?

Look some of what I said yesterday was hyperbole, but that was the point. All the posters getting irritated that I'm giving TR the Cup after one win, well, that's how some of us feel when people here post they want him fired after a goal against or a penalty or a turnover let alone an actual whole game.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Oh that coach that out coached ours last year in the playoffs is currently in 9th place in the standings.

Must be because he’s an awful coach and they should fire him right on the spot if they don’t make it

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Yet they still set 4th overall in the league and only 2 points back of 2nd. Try to spin the numbers and avoid context all you want; they’re still winning hockey games.
All their season standings show is they were a much better team in the first half of the season than since Christmas. If Ovi, Kuzy and Backstrom had all been traded away at the deadline they’d probably just about make the playoffs because of their existing points, but that wouldn’t mean they’d get anywhere in the playoffs. Likewise if this team continues to play so inconsistently for the remainder of the season, the playoffs will be a challenge.

Let’s hope this is the start of an uptick in production and consistency, rather than a blip in an otherwise-worrying phase.

Reactions: Corby78

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
versus in the slop for where the rest of you lie?
You have a habit of making everything very personal for some reason. If you don’t like what someone is espousing then attack the idea, not the person.

giphy.gif

Furthermore, I just recently have endorsed the idea of TR being replaced (as in two days ago).

Last edited:

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Long season....it’s why I try to never get too up or down until the playoffs.
yup, short term stretches I never worry about; it's always odd seeing many posters going manic over each game during RS; gotta appreciate how long a haul 82 games is and the toll it takes on a body, only natural to pace themselves at times to be ready for the Playoffs

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
With Holtby... tearing it up
Nope. Just one game. But the 2 GA is a big improvement.

They won the Cup in part by scoring a lot of goals, but they were pretty good defensively in the later rounds. The offense could carry them through a round or three, but at some point they need to consistently limit scoring chances, or a G has to step up big-time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Nope. Just one game. But the 2 GA is a big improvement.

They won the Cup in part by scoring a lot of goals, but they were pretty good defensively in the later rounds. The offense could carry them through a round or three, but at some point they need to consistently limit scoring chances, or a G has to step up big-time.

Haven't his starts since playing relief v NYI been consistently strong? It's not just one game for Holtby

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad