Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Holtby save% since the Islanders game. 941, 931, 897, 875 914, 909, 925, 828, 929.
897 is his season average. Seems fair to say he has picked it up significantly

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Oh yeah.

The Pens fans must be the dumbest in the league.

they serenading the name of the goalie, after this one conceed a goal, where he couldn't do mych, while his team is on PK and his team is still up by 2 in the third.

I would say exact the same thing, if Caps were playing Sharks, Arizona or Flames. yesterday.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Holtby save% since the Islanders game. 941, 931, 897, 875 914, 909, 925, 828, 929.
An overall .906 Sv% since NYI. Great improvement but still one of the worst in the league. He was a terrible dramatic disaster in the first half of the season when the defense was good, now he is just a dramatic disaster.

Last edited:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Fair enough, that's better than I expected his numbers to be given the number of goals allowed.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
You have a habit of making everything very personal for some reason. If you don’t like what someone is espousing then attack the idea, not the person.

giphy.gif

Furthermore, I just recently have endorsed the idea of TR being replaced (as in two days ago).
Odd thing to make a personal statement about someone while complaining that they make things personal?

at least the gif was added. Great touch.

the irony of it all? My comment was a direct refute of your “idea” that people were overly optimistic over one win.

while many posters in here are always overly pessimistic over one loss. Regardless of the recency of your viewpoint. It’s still the same negative narrative. Which is what some of us are annoyed by.

you can call it whatever you want.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Bruh this board overreacts to everything. Tough stretch and people ready to miss the playoffs, one win and they are ready to present the cup to an absolutely unproven coach and shit on the only one that brought them the cup. Lmao.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Bruh this board overreacts to everything. Tough stretch and people ready to miss the playoffs, one win and they are ready to present the cup to an absolutely unproven coach and shit on the only one that brought them the cup. Lmao.
If you’re directing that at me I’ve long disliked Trotz as a tactician and think the pining for him is absurd, and I’m happy to call out revisionist historians who claim things were never bad under prior coaches just because he won a Cup. I’d be even happier to never mention Trotz again so if everyone here stopped asking for him after every loss then this place would be a lot more fun to read.

And, as I said, my comments yesterday about handing TR the Cup were hyperbolic for a reason.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
You have a habit of making everything very personal for some reason. If you don’t like what someone is espousing then attack the idea, not the person.

giphy.gif

Furthermore, I just recently have endorsed the idea of TR being replaced (as in two days ago).

It would be nice if the fire the coach brigade would chill out and relax.

We all know that if the Caps go down 2-0 next game that they'll be back in spades, though.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC

We all know that if the Caps go down 2-0 next game that they'll be back in spades, though.
I think the concern was/is warranted. Since Dec. 23, the Caps are 15-14-2 and rank 22nd in points, 13th in goals per game, 27th in goals against per game, 21st on the power play and 16th on the penalty kill.

The team has way too much talent to be 21st on the PP at any point in time. I put that on the coaching staff.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I think the concern was/is warranted. Since Dec. 23, the Caps are 15-14-2 and rank 22nd in points, 13th in goals per game, 27th in goals against per game, 21st on the power play and 16th on the penalty kill.

The team has way too much talent to be 21st on the PP at any point in time. I put that on the coaching staff.

Agree about the PP. I think the PP coach needs to shape up.

Reactions: peterthegreat12

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If you’re directing that at me I’ve long disliked Trotz as a tactician and think the pining for him is absurd, and I’m happy to call out revisionist historians who claim things were never bad under prior coaches just because he won a Cup. I’d be even happier to never mention Trotz again so if everyone here stopped asking for him after every loss then this place would be a lot more fun to read.

And, as I said, my comments yesterday about handing TR the Cup were hyperbolic for a reason.
I actually didn't like a lot about his regime in DC but the fact is he won the cup. Another fact is he had always been able to advance past the 1st round when he was the man here. Fun fact: literally no other coach in the Ovechkin era was able to do that. Sitting here and acting like he was so bad that people glad he's gone is mind boggling. You have now the guy who managed to lose in the 1st to one of the most boring teams in the conference getting shutout in one of the games on the way. People want him out in his 2nd year already and it's happening right before the playoffs. Nobody wanted Trotz out in his 2nd year. I actually am interested what those criticizing Trotz will have to say when Reirden flames out again in embarrassing fashion.
The most overreactive are also the chattiest lol....makes for a lot of internal eye rolling that’s needed....
Yeah that's why I see a lot of your posts on every matter.

Last edited:

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009

One decent game against a team that is playing worse than we are does is not going to change the fact this team has played almost indifferently for well over a month. This game was certainly a step in the right direction but it doesn't change any of the valid criticism of this coach. I truly hope this was the game that turns that corner back to the team that was leading the league but until they put together a series of games like this nothing has changed.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
This is the exact same type of noise the team dealt with in Trotz last year.

did we collectively learn nothing in 2018???

just roll w it people. There are very very few fan bases that can hold their heads bigger than ours right now.

Maybe only one (Blues). I’m shocked at how many people cannot enjoy this season

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice

just roll w it people. There are very very few fan bases that can hold their heads bigger than ours right now.

The hated Todd is the result of hater's pride rather than his hater's conscience. Unconsciously they hate themselves, just ignore them and their hysteria about Caps being 3rd in the League.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015

it’s not the same tho. That team was slower out of the gate.. but never had a 30 game stretch in the heart of the season like this. They have been a well below average team for 30 games! That’s not fun to watch.. and knowing that the 2018 team won it all doesn’t help this team.
All that said, this is a good team and if the right adjustments are made at the right time, they can make a run. Everyone else is flawed too.. more so than ever it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad