zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
So it is effort.
Nice to see the give-a-shit meter register something
Solid 60 minus some penalties taken
More of this please
Congrats to the 4th line, monster game, hope the Panik haters are appreciating his game that's been on a steady rise for quite some time now
Let's see 2 games in a row of effort now

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Everyone?
Let’s not give TR the cup after 1 win lol

I know, right. I mean he's so close, but yet so far.

todd-reirden-barry-trotz-stanley-cup.jpg

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Can’t wait will Todd holds the Cup over his head this year. Who among you will come forward and eat crow?
I will. Gladly. Even without salt and pepper. But I highly doubt that he will hold the Cup over his head as the Caps head coach. I would love to be wrong.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Hot take: Trotz sucked. He was awesome his first year saving us from Oates but he cost us a Cup prior to 2018.

Trotz has gotten out of the 2nd round once in his 20 years of coaching

people act like he was god after winning a cup. Yes I get it we won but do people not understand how frustrating he was at times? He legit was about to be fired before we went on a tear

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Hot take: Trotz sucked. He was awesome his first year saving us from Oates but he cost us a Cup prior to 2018.

I think Trotz earned credit for that team losing in the 2nd round to the hated enemy two seasons in a row after having the best record in the league and showing up the next training camp ready to keep trying. That kind of thing can break the spirit of a team. We have documented that Backstrom took the second failure very hard and it effected his play early in 2017/18. They won that cup because Trotz convinced them they could

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I think Trotz earned credit for that team losing in the 2nd round to the hated enemy two seasons in a row after having the best record in the league and showing up the next training camp ready to keep trying. That kind of thing can break the spirit of a team. We have documented that Backstrom took the second failure very hard and it effected his play early in 2017/18. They won that cup because Trotz convinced them they could
Where is it documented he took the second loss to Pitt very hard? I’m just curious

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I haven't been Panik's biggest fan up until recently, but he looks a different guy on the 4th. A real different dynamic to the team. Because of weaker matchups (generally) and playing with 2 busy grinders, he can really concentrate on just being in dangerous areas and it's really worked. He could be so important come PO time. Goals from the bottom 6 is crucial. If we can figure out how to get the best out of Kovalchuk too it would be really good. Scoring on all 4 lines

I don't think it has much to do with linemates or match ups. Panik is playing on the correct wing for the first time all season and that's all there is to it.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Can’t wait will Todd holds the Cup over his head this year. Who among you will come forward and eat crow?

Everyone of his detractors will. Until then, our criticism of him is accurate. This team has played with far to much, "don't care tonight" in the last 6 weeks. That is squarely on the coaches shoulders. So if the team finally turns the corner and gets back on a roll then great. Are you willing to eat crow if this ends up being another 1st round exit to a lesser team?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
No no no. I’d even posit they won the Cup in spite of Trotz. Every year Trotz was the coach he refused to play young talent. Orlov, Burakovsky, Vrana, Djoos... all sat for garbage like Gleason, Weber, Glencross. Alzner played when he couldn’t skate against the Penguins. Trotz had the best roster in hockey and ruined it twice. He almost didn’t even get a chance to ruin it in 2018. The only time they won he had no choice but to play his young legs. I love Barry and will forever think he’s a solid dude but that’s nah, I can't agree with this. They weren’t any more disciplined, any better offensively or defensively, and certainly didn’t make better roster choices any year he was the coach. He got lucky and that’s that.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
No. Actually, hell no. I’d even posit they won the Cup in spite of Trotz. Every year Trotz was the coach he refused to play young talent. Orlov, Burakovsky, Vrana, Djoos... all sat for garbage like Gleason, Weber, Glencross. Alzner played when he couldn’t skate against the Penguins. Trotz had the best roster in hockey and ruined it twice. He almost didn’t even get a chance to ruin it in 2018. The only time they won he had no chance but to play his young legs. I love Barry and will forever think he’s a solid dude but that’s a garbage line of thinking. They weren’t any more disciplined, any better offensively or defensively, and certainly didn’t make better roster choices any year he was the coach. He got lucky and that’s that.

Sitting Schmidt for no groin Alzner in a game 7 and pairing our 2 slowest players Alzner and Orpik together Is an all time bad coaching move.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad