Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Reactions: troyerlaw

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Just watching the first period, man, our 4th line looks so good. Super dangerous. Bottom D looks so good too. I guess Reiden was right, when there is a competition, people play good

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Yeah, can't figure out if it's us being the world beaters or simply Pens suck

I'm just watching the game now. With the exception of penalties it looked like a decent 1st period.

The next three opponents are not in playoff position at this time. This is a good stretch to get that ball rolling again and pick up points. We'll see whether this was a blip or the start of the recovery.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Nice to see the Caps salvage an otherwise dissapointing week.

Got to be patient with our 2 TDL pickups. They'll come around.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Skins players smoke weed that’s why they suck but nice try.
Yah. i WISH they were doing coke. Or some other stimulant. That’s a squad playing to get the owner fired.

These Pens games keep saving Reirden’s rear.

With such a strong bottom-6 right now btw, seems like TR should be spreading the ice time more equally or even, a la Coach Dale, in favor of the bottom 6. I realize today’s TOI was skewed by all the penalties, but even before today, there are games where bottom 6 clearly has better jump and execution, but Reirden still keeps feeding the fat cats. Even as they pile up -3s and -4s.

Trying to get ‘em going, I guess.

We beat the Pens soundly. Whatever comes next, today is a good day.

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
I don’t think TR is the right guy.. but he’s got the talent on his side so if he can’t make the right tweaks, he can do this. You see it in spurts... *nothing like a pens win to make me try to be positive

Reactions: troyerlaw

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Backstrom was on one watching these highlights. That pass to Oshie right after the Malkin goal made my nipples tingle

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Backstrom was on one watching these highlights. That pass to Oshie right after the Malkin goal made my nipples tingle
Can’t say I shared that particular effect, but that tenacity and puck protection below the goal line from Nicky on that goal was everything you’d want from your 1C, and frankly there just hasn’t been enough of that from him this year. But the 2 most recent Pens games, he’s played end to end like a top pivot beast

Reactions: max21

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I don’t think TR is the right guy.. but he’s got the talent on his side so if he can’t make the right tweaks, he can do this. You see it in spurts... *nothing like a pens win to make me try to be positive
Agreed. I think this team would be better with a different coach. But I also think this team takes games off and only cares about the playoffs. If, and it’s a big if, the players really decide they want the cup they can win it even with TR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad