Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Break couldn't be coming at a better time.

Tough to see them winning this, although they've surprised me before.

Thankfully, StubHub found me a sucker for this one.
The Colorado game broke me, need a break from watching live.

Last edited:
Reactions: trellaine201

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Caps were waxed 8-5 by the Hawls yesterday. Copley was terrible and Orlov made a Jakian play on Towes' hat trick goal.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Big game.

Every team is allowed a losing streak, but at 3-7-0 in the last 10 games, bringing us down to a 103pt pace, (from a 117pt pace) it's time for ours to end.

The Caps are even colder than we are - they're on a 3-8-0 run, and on a 5 game losing streak.

A win here going into the long break would be huge.

Of course, it would also be huge for the Caps.

Leafs need to remember how to score. Would be nice if our coach decided that it might be easier to score if we played our scorers more.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I'll go on record as saying there's a pretty good chance we're going to win this one, or else we'll lose it.

I have no idea which team is going to show up. We've got all the tools, but they need some sharpening.

IIRC we may have beaten Tampa recently, and from what I hear they're pretty good.

So..... GLG!!!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Break couldn't be coming at a better time.

Tough to see them winning this, although they've surprised me before.

Thankfully, StubHub found me a sucker for this one.
The Colorado game broke me, need a break from watching live.
How you finding the sales through StubHub with the changes to e-ticketing? We still haven't sold any on it this year.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
caps worst losing streak since 2004 I think; they have lost 5 in a row

leafs has yet to lose 3 in a row

leafs/caps should be fun :laugh:

I want to BeLeaf but am gonna guess that leafs finally lose 3 in a row; HF boards blows up, Toronto Media goes mad dog crazy

and then Leafs come back from the break and go on a tear with 0.750 hockey and everyone ends up looking like fools

:biglaugh:

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
OV and Wilson are going to eat our D for dinner... and of course, we have no answer. Caps have lost 5 straight and were embarrassed yesterday.

This one could get ugly for the Leafs.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Will the PP still suck?

Will Matthews continue to look 50% the player we've seen in the past?

Will the D still be subpar?

Will depth guys like Brown, Lindholm, Marleau continue to give us nothing?

Will Nylander continue to not score and be useless (but ZoNe enTriEszz!>!)

Will Babs continue to be out coached and make random lineup decisions?

Tune in Wed to find out!?!

(I'll give you a hint so you don't have to waste your time tuning in... the answer to everything above is a "yes".)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How you finding the sales through StubHub with the changes to e-ticketing? We still haven't sold any on it this year.
They charge HST on the sale now, so I lose out a few bucks. That's the only difference I've seen.
I still send the hard tickets via UPS.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They charge HST on the sale now, so I lose out a few bucks. That's the only difference I've seen.
I still send the hard tickets via UPS.
Gotcha, we've always done e-tickets and kept the hardcopy. Wasn't sure how that works now that you can't print e-tickets

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We have 8 forwards with 1 goal in the last 10 games (and more). 3 of those forwards only have 1 goal in the last 20+ games. Mix that with a big time reduction in save percentage/goaltending quality... This is one massive cold streak.

The only 2 forwards producing well are Marner and Tavares.

EDIT: Lindholm 1g in 38 games. Brown 1g in 32 games. Nylander 1g in 20 games. Matthews and Kadri 1g in 13 games. Marleau 1g in 12 games. Kapanen 1g in 11 games.

Reactions: NiftyMits

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Is Holtby expected back for this game?

he is already back. he played in the game Isles shutout caps. but since this is a back to back for the caps i guess we get the back-up tender instead; but as we all know leafs have a tendency to make back-up goalies look like vezina caliber

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
We have 8 forwards with 1 goal in at least the past 10 games. 3 of those forwards only have 1 goal in the last 20+ games. Mix that with a big time reduction in save percentage/goaltending quality... This is one massive cold streak.

The only 2 forwards producing well are Marner and Tavares.

Ridiculous.

Nobody would have guessed THIS would be an issue this year.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
he is already back. he played in the game Isles shutout caps. but since this is a back to back for the caps i guess we get the back-up tender instead; but as we all know leafs have a tendency to make back-up goalies look like vezina caliber

I only got to see the highlights and it was Pheonix Copley with the loss.

Too busy with NFL to pay too much attention to games outside the Leafs/Coyotes one.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I only got to see the highlights and it was Pheonix Copley with the loss.

Too busy with NFL to pay too much attention to games outside the Leafs/Coyotes one.

would be a glorious night when brady blows in the superbowl; and all of boston cry like babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad