Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I only got to see the highlights and it was Pheonix Copley with the loss.

Too busy with NFL to pay too much attention to games outside the Leafs/Coyotes one.
I don't know of any other team in any other sport that I dislike more than the Patriots.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Look at the bright side....they will have plenty of time to heal up with the allstar break

Reactions: Mork

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Everything we do from this point forward is academic until this team learns to stick up for itself and play as a unit.

By that I mean when I see Kadri getting gang piled and the only person on the ice coming to his aid is Tavares...we have deeper problems then points and the playoffs

Reactions: Mork and NiftyMits

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
We have 8 forwards with 1 goal in the last 10 games (and more). 3 of those forwards only have 1 goal in the last 20+ games. Mix that with a big time reduction in save percentage/goaltending quality... This is one massive cold streak.

The only 2 forwards producing well are Marner and Tavares.

EDIT: Lindholm 1g in 38 games. Brown 1g in 32 games. Nylander 1g in 20 games. Matthews and Kadri 1g in 13 games. Marleau 1g in 12 games. Kapanen 1g in 11 games.

That is absolutely putrid and unacceptable. This team is either garbage or in one of the biggest slumps ever.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
He could put Marner with tavares and Matthews with Nylander and Rielly none of this matters if the way to beat the Leafs is to lean on them because they don't have any push back.

Team needs truculence to compliment and fight for our talent..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He could put Marner with tavares and Matthews with Nylander and Rielly none of this matters if the way to beat the Leafs is to lean on them because they don't have any push back.

Team needs truculence to compliment and fight for our talent..

They don’t have those guys. So they do all they can do.
Hopefully Dubas is taking notes, if not, I sure hope Shanny is.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Caps are in a funk as well. They'll likely be missing Ovechkin, with him sitting out his 1 game suspension for skipping the All Star event.

So, my bet is that they look like Stanley Cup champs and stomp on our Leafs. I hope I'm totally WRONG!

Reactions: NiftyMits

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That is so selfish of Ovie to be suspended a game due to that with the East so close.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ovechkin can choose which game to sit? Thought it would have been the 1st game after the break?

Reactions: OddyOh

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What will happen is we will get a big boost and score a lot of goals in this game and then have a week off with no guarantee Marner/Matthews stick together.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
oh hey Matthews-Marner might play together for the first time in....

....THREE YEARS.

THREE YEARS before our elite coach decided it might be worth a looksee.

and the best part is that you know inside his head that Babcock still considers the Hyman line to be the first line.

Reactions: ToMaLe

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
This will be the Caps 3rd in 4 nights, and on the 2nd half of a B2B. We have to take advantage of that. If we come out lazy were screwed.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Still haven't dropped three in a row. Defeated the Caps in the previous meeting. Lines changed up again. Would be good to go into the break on a winning note. Not a fully healthy lineup, but the ingredients for a big effort should be there and will be needed.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He can either sit out Wednesday or on Feb 1st against CGY (their first game back after the break)

It would make sense to sit out Wednesday IMO, but who knows.

I think he said it would be Weds, but I can’t find anything. They play Tuesday so it make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad