Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Leafs - Last game before the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Well we've tried him everywhere else without any success, so let's put him in a position that requires greater defensive awareness and responsibility.

What could go wrong?
He's been extremely successful in the past 2 years, moving him to center could help break his funk as he's playing well, just snakebitten

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Sigh, Ovi looks like he's about to heat up again. Leafs might need some lube tomorrow

Reactions: AreBe

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He's been extremely successful in the past 2 years, moving him to center could help break his funk as he's playing well, just snakebitten

Yup, let's keep moving him til we help him break his funk. Wonder if he'd be any good as the RHD we need?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Yup, let's keep moving him til we help him break his funk. Wonder if he'd be any good as the RHD we need?
That's generally how it works when someone struggles...you juggle the lines a bit, build some confidence back, and get the guy back up to par.

Haha, no you don't trade Willy, that'd be foolish

Reactions: AreBe

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Well damn. Caps lost 6 in a row, leafs busted the slump for Florida and Minnesota when they were on losing streaks. They better not take this game lightly.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
If they do and then we can’t score anymore and we lose? Babs should face some tough questions at that point, no more of this Paul Hendricks shill softball questions.
they played together for half a game against the habs a couple years ago and the line scored 4 goals. they havent played together since, figure that one out! a genius i tell ya.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Well damn. Caps lost 6 in a row, leafs busted the slump for Florida and Minnesota when they were on losing streaks. They better not take this game lightly.
We need puck luck to win any game these days.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Damn, maybe I am drinking the Dubas Coolaid, but I really liked his interview.
What he said really calmed me down and made me feel safe about the future.
I really hope it's not just words ... but great job Dubas.
Let's get Matthews signed soon!
And let's show the Caps who's boss!!!
GO LEAFS GO!!!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
That's generally how it works when someone struggles...you juggle the lines a bit, build some confidence back, and get the guy back up to par.

Haha, no you don't trade Willy, that'd be foolish

It's what they've been doing since he got back.

I wasn't suggesting trading him for a RHD, I was suggesting playing him as a RHD. Nothing else has worked for him. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad