Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 "Season" Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I agree. The PP has looked a LOT better (and more dynamic) this season. They seem to be able to make more changes during the actual game play, and mode people into far more areas. Ovechkin is moving all over the place, as is Carlson and Backstrom.

Vrana is also adding a nice element when he’s out there.

gotta give Forsythe credit. As stale as it looked last year, is as dynamic as it looks this year. Another case of coach Toad Reirden limiting the skill set of the players.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
PP zone entries this year have def. been better
Once set up they've been regularly been using the Carlson/Schultz straight out/top of the key variant to give another wrinkle and high deflection chances; not much Oshie high slot opportunities or Kuzy/Vrana down low

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
After thinking about it, I would give VV the day off and start him Sunday against the surprising Devils. Start Sammy in tomorrow's noon time against the Rangers. The Rangers are having troubles scoring recently, although with the Caps, they'll probably score 35 goals against us.

Reactions: max21

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
After thinking about it, I would give VV the day off and start him Sunday against the surprising Devils. Start Sammy in tomorrow's noon time against the Rangers. The Rangers are having troubles scoring recently, although with the Caps, they'll probably score 35 goals against us.

Yeah, I wouldn’t play Samsonov on the back end of a B2B, especially when it’s the team’s third game in four days. Give him the best chance possible to get him a win and a good performance in his return.

If he doesn’t play tomorrow, I think you go VV in both and give Sammy the following start.

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Yeah, I wouldn’t play Samsonov on the back end of a B2B, especially when it’s the team’s third game in four days. Give him the best chance possible to get him a win and a good performance in his return.

If he doesn’t play tomorrow, I think you go VV in both and give Sammy the following start.

Would be wild if Sammy and VV both have really really good games Saturday and Sunday a week after we were scouring for potential old goalies in a trade.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Tom Wilson is starting to remind me a lot of Keith Primeau (although I think Primeau was a softer player
who wasn't as physical and didn't fight very often).

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Replacing Jensen, maybe? Can’t afford Kempny and many of the players we now have (Chara, Sheary, TVR as examples ... not one of them.... all of them).

Kempny would purely be a playoff add I think. Like it was mentioned before, no salary cap in the playoffs.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Backstrom is having a brutal season in the face-off circle, wonder if something is wrong with his wrist. He's never been great at that but always solid and among the best in the Capitals. Right now he's at below 40%, even worse than Kuznetsov. 7-25 in the last 3 games. That's below 30%.

Eller on the other hand has improved which actually lifts us from being the worst face-off team in the league again. Eller sits at 53.9% but small sample size. Dowd is at 50.8% and Kuznetsov is at 43.2%.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

The Caps among the four. Jensen is mentioned but I think if you're making that move Orlov makes a lot more sense, particularly if deemed an attractive piece coming back to lessen the futures load somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad