Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Regular Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Now they just need to give Ovy the goal records since due to lockouts and COVID. Anyone with a brain knows he would have broken or close to breaking the record.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Now they just need to give Ovy the goal records since due to lockouts and COVID. Anyone with a brain knows he would have broken or close to breaking the record.
Apparently an un-named source from Edmonton has come forward with information that Wayne spent a number of weeks in Wohan in 2019.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Caps potentially screwed with a rescheduled game later in the season:

The National Hockey League is considering the idea of potentially rescheduling some of the Montreal Canadiens' home games to later this season if they can't play in front of fans at the Bell Centre in January, according to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun.
If the Habs can't have any fans at their home games in January (their next home game is Jan. 4), the NHL is looking at the idea of potentially re-scheduling some Habs home games to later in the season when they can (hopefully) have fans in the building. But nothing for sure yet.
— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) December 22, 2021
Like the rest of the NHL, the Habs are shut down for the holiday break and don't play until Dec. 27 against the Lightning in Tampa Bay. Their next home game is Jan. 4 against the Washington Capitals. [emphasis added]

NHL may reschedule Habs' home games if fans not allowed in Jan. - TSN.ca

Maybe this is just a trial balloon. Not sure how the other owners will like such a decision (assuming it's up to Bettman and not the owners themselves).

I understand the need for gate revenue, but if the league begins to make exceptions for non-weather-related rescheduling it'll smack of favoritism in some circles and could lead to all sorts of nonsense (e.g., can rescheduling happen if the local jurisdiction imposes a limit of 25% of capacity).

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Return to play delayed (at least) one day, so the Washington game against Ottawa is postponed.

Hard to see them returning any time soon unless they change protocols. Too many family gatherings are occurring this weekend and players are going to test positive.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They are delayed TFN as far as I can tell. They wont be back to playing til they show up at the rink and drop the puck

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps potentially screwed with a rescheduled game later in the season:

NHL may reschedule Habs' home games if fans not allowed in Jan. - TSN.ca

Maybe this is just a trial balloon. Not sure how the other owners will like such a decision (assuming it's up to Bettman and not the owners themselves).

I understand the need for gate revenue, but if the league begins to make exceptions for non-weather-related rescheduling it'll smack of favoritism in some circles and could lead to all sorts of nonsense (e.g., can rescheduling happen if the local jurisdiction imposes a limit of 25% of capacity).

I cant see them screwing the Caps with a ridiculous schedule so Montreal can move a home game.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a feeling Canada is going to have to play in a Canada bubble or cross to Host cites in the USA.

I'd be very surprised if that happened at this point.

Regarding the prior topic about reports and their lack of in-depth stories I think it is:
1. The Washington Post position is a revolving door. Most are in that job for 2-3 years tops as it is an entry level position.
2. TEB has been here long enough to build relationships within the Caps organization and he doesn't want to burn them. I think he has plenty of info but chooses not to disclose.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'd be very surprised if that happened at this point.

Regarding the prior topic about reports and their lack of in-depth stories I think it is:
1. The Washington Post position is a revolving door. Most are in that job for 2-3 years tops as it is an entry level position.
2. TEB has been here long enough to build relationships within the Caps organization and he doesn't want to burn them. I think he has plenty of info but chooses not to disclose.

Its also worth noting that the Capitals historically don't leak. The Canadian media never seems to know what the Capitals are doing. I am not sure that anyone in the organEYEzation talks as an unnamed source. He may get off the record info but he cant print that.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Taxi squads are gonna hurt AHL teams even more. Are they even that effective? I guess from filling out a roster and some sort of cap benefit? But if TS players practice with the team don’t they also risk getting exposed during a big outbreak?

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
And cross-border games slated for Dec 29 are now postponed.
The Toronto Maple Leafs game against the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Ottawa Senators game against the Boston Bruins both scheduled on Dec. 29 have been postponed due to COVID-related reasons, the NHL announced on Sunday.
Leafs-Penguins, Senators-Bruins games postponed - TSN.ca
Even without NHL participation in the Olympics, it's not looking good for a full 82-game season unless significant adjustments are made to the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad