Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Regular Season Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Are you sold on the fact that the Caps aren't really a good team now and won't be going forward? I see a good team that has some good young players coming, that has veterans that are aging well and should continue to be a good team. Going for broke means sell off those years going forward for one shot. I don't see the need for that.

Maybe, though, I am misreading the use of the phrase
I’m sold on the fact that the Caps are really good but they’re older and have broken down and run out of steam the last few years. They also have a few really important players either hurt or coming back from injury and it’s unclear how effective they’ll be this season. Banking on Mantha, Backstrom, or Oshie to be the best version of themselves this year is a risky proposition.

If they have a bunch of good young players coming up I don’t see how trading one of them and a first means they’re selling off years of the future. And if they can acquire and extend a guy like Hertl I think that actually keeps their window open even longer as he is another one of those bridge players like Wilson and Mantha who aren’t rookies but aren’t on the back nine of their careers either.

I think they need a higher end forward who can play wing or center and a depth RHD defenseman and they’re set. Maybe a goaltender as well but I don’t know if they rock the boat that much.

Reactions: twabby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad