Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Regular Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This basically how I became a hockey fan 2oyrs ago. I worked for a large consulting firm who had 4 season tix at section 108 or 109. The events coordinator / marketing person sat a few doors down from me and since we both worked late, she came by and offered for a Flyers game. Instantly hooked and was incredulous how big the players were and how fast the game was. After this game, the company started raffling the tickets via email (first 2 ppl to reply to the company-wide email got them). So my coworker would alert me a few mins ahead when the email was going out so I could reply first. LOL I didn't miss many games. :D

I always enjoy hearing how folks get into hockey or the NHL. For me and a lot of my generation it was the 1980 Olympic US Gold Medal run. I watched a few NHL games before, but that year was something I'll never forget. VHS recorders were new on the market and it was one of the first televised events I remember recording. My father's friend taped the whole Olympic hockey games and we lost contact with him. I would love to have those. On another forum, we had a Cap's poster who had nearly all the Cap's hockey fights and hits throughout the years. Good Times.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I always enjoy hearing how folks get into hockey or the NHL. For me and a lot of my generation it was the 1980 Olympic US Gold Medal run. I watched a few NHL games before, but that year was something I'll never forget. VHS recorders were new on the market and it was one of the first televised events I remember recording. My father's friend taped the whole Olympic hockey games and we lost contact with him. I would love to have those. On another forum, we had a Cap's poster who had nearly all the Cap's hockey fights and hits throughout the years. Good Times.

I had been a hockey fan for a while, going to Caps games back to 74, skating on the ponds at Grosvenor apts in Bethesda, but the 1980 Miracle On Ice made me fall in love with goaltending, Jim Craig, and decide to become a goalie on my school hockey teams back then. I VCR'd that game but ditched it when DVD's of the game became available. My screen name comes directly from my recollections of that game.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I've been trying to sell our games and really no takers... sucks. Best seats in the house, but yeah, big bucks. Probably the last year for our dynasty. Kinda breaks my heart to give 'em up. Gonna try to find partners so I can keep the seats, but...
Same. Our seats are in Row D on Blueline where Caps shoot twice. Incredible seats to see all of the action. Selling tickets has never really been a problem but this year it has been. Fortunately either me or my ticket partner uses the seats but i travel a lot for Youth Hockey so I miss a lot of weekend games (including this Saturday). Will be there Monday though!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I grew up in Reston and had a buddy who had a 10 or 20 game plan and he used to take me to Cap Centre. That is where i found the love of the game. Couple stints in and out of season tickets as we had kids by my son would see me watching hockey all the time so he wanted to play which he has for 1o years. Best sport ever. Even better live!

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Samsonov got dropped in my fantasy league. Should I put in a waiver claim or is vtech going to keep getting majority of starts. Idk why coach is not playing samsonov more. Who should be the number 1 goalie?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm really curious the explanation on why Sammy didn't start the game and came in for Vitek 1:45 into the game? Was he pulled after the 3rd goal because Lavi had enough or was it something else?

While I have egged Vitek a lot, it doesn't mean I will criticize Sammy less. 2 of 3 goals scored on him should have been prevented/stopped. Caps goaltending is a total mess right now and BMac needs to address it, a lot sooner than later.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm really curious the explanation on why Sammy didn't start the game and came in for Vitek 1:45 into the game? Was he pulled after the 3rd goal because Lavi had enough or was it something else?

While I have egged Vitek a lot, it doesn't mean I will criticize Sammy less. 2 of 3 goals scored on him should have been prevented/stopped. Caps goaltending is a total mess right now and BMac needs to address it, a lot sooner than later.

He didn’t start the game because he had to take a shit.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Now that Alex Tuch is in the Sabres org and they are most likely going to get rid of him by the trade deadline, maybe we could package Mantha with a prospect (Lapierre) to get Tuch? That would help for the playoffs where he is usually really good. Would also free up 1 million in cap space

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Now that Alex Tuch is in the Sabres org and they are most likely going to get rid of him by the trade deadline, maybe we could package Mantha with a prospect (Lapierre) to get Tuch? That would help for the playoffs where he is usually really good. Would also free up 1 million in cap space

Pass. If Caps are to make a trade it will be for a goalie and a face-off guy.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I like Tuch game better I guess, but Mantha from a couple of years ago I tought was very good. Hope they can get him to play harder as he is to passive. Talentwise he is just as good if not better than Tuch.
Mantha since 17-18 have usually been ahead of Tuch in points each year on a worse team. Mantha 169 Points in 256 games vs Tuch 139 Points in 249 games.

The package they gave for Eichel value wise is around Mantha+McMichael/Lapierre (Krebs had a very similar WJC as McM and both have been around PPg in the AHL games they have played. Was picked in the same area 17th and 25th. McM have had a better start to the NHL than Krebs so might be worth a little more). Then a 1st top 10 protected for two years and a 2nd that will probably be close to Buffalo's third. Doesnt look that expensive for a player if he gets back in shape likely will be a top 5 center. The only question is how much risk there is with Eichel's injury.

Jun 15, 2007
Should explore an Eller trade this off-season. He is no longer providing good value at 3.5m cap hit.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Yeah he said he could get tickets through a Vet thing for like $4 or something but it never panned out.

Im just happy for 100 section seats. You can hear that distinct sound of the blades cutting into the ice.

just need to find my top hat and monicle.
When they were only letting 5,000 people in the building for the playoffs last season, you can really hear the players talk to. Heard Taylor Hall scream "f*** me!" like 6x coming to the bench

Jun 15, 2007
I’d like to see Eller back in his comfort spot on the 3rd line with Kuzy and Backy on front of him in the lineup before proclaiming him trade bait.

he was dinged up and is out of position…..but yeah we need some production.

Eller has been bad for a while now, not just the last 10 games.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Soooooo....
Any updates on NB19?
He's 'eligible' to come off LTIR tomorrow
Reports that he was skating, what, like 10 days ago or 7 days ago?
Any furthur info oot there? don't know if I've missed anything recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2