Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2020 Offseason Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Its so true that we don't know how Sammy could have gotten it. People are still getting sick now and taking precautionary measures. It's a little too early to say that it's all his fault.

About the 4 games. The games are not a suspension or punishment. The $100,000 fine that the NHL levied on the Capitals is the punishment, not the games.

The missed games is because of state of Virginia mandatory quarantine rules - 7 days of isolation (and a negative test after) if you are in contact with someone who tested positive. And those 7 days cover the next 4 games.

Copy and thanks. So my frustration is with the state of Virginia... ok

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
These next 4 games will be really telling for the rest of the season. If they go 0-4 it could really jeopardize the season.

On the other hand, if they can go 3-0-1 or 4-0, it could really show some will to overcome adversity.

Sucks to see Ovi out for 4 games after a lackluster (from a goalscoring perspective) first 4 games. Hopefully he comes out of this feeling like a beast.

5pts in 4 games doesnt earn a lackluster.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Games should be postponed. its 4 serious contributors to our team which the Caps should be making abundantly clear to the NHL.

Other teams have had games postponed with less star players affected. Get it done Caps. Also protect the Ovi chase!

Reactions: ovikovy817

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I don't get why people think sitting in a hotel room for hours is the same as moving around in a big arena. The ventilation is totally different.

There are of course going to be issues with physical contact and breathing directly into someone's face, and maybe even surface transmission, but it's not going to be nearly as concentrated as sitting in a 12x14 (or whatever) hotel room handling PS4/5 controllers, yelling, maybe sharing food or drinks and just breathing the same recirculated air.

Viral load is important and smaller quarters with greater numbers of people and less ventilation increases viral load.

edit: not mask-related but posted at the same time as mod warning so delete if necessary :)
This.
A hotel room is a smaller space than a locker room, period. Adding a second person into that confined space increases the number of particles being shed, obviously. And each subsequent person also increases the number. Meanwhile, as goon says, the physical space remains the same, and the HVAC remains constant (not working harder to circulate the air faster to respond to the increase.)
Four adults in a confined room without masks [mod] are taking not only a huge risk, but a knowable risk.
Every one of them has the cognitive skills to know and understand this, and every one of them chose to behave in a way that some of us (myself included) would consider stupid, but is inarguably against the rules.
Selfish, dumb, and something a leader and captain, especially, cannot do.
(I'm pissed.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The league can't make a decision like that on such subjective factors as relative importance of those involved. It needs to be based on whether the team can field a professional roster. Ten or more guys is clearly a "no" -- four guys is a bad week of injuries that probably every team in the NHL has experienced multiple times every year in the history of the league.
The fact is, those four guys are unavailable because of bad choices they made. That should not eff up the downstream schedule for the teams we're slated to play during their absence.
(I'm still pissed.)

Last edited:

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Games should be postponed. its 4 serious contributors to our team which the Caps should be making abundantly clear to the NHL.

Other teams have had games postponed with less star players affected. Get it done Caps. Also protect the Ovi chase!
My "still pissed" post was intended to be a reply to this -- I'm so pissed, I can't even work the boards right!

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Virginia thing is good to know. Still doesn’t explain how it’s only 3 other players though. Even being a goalie, he’s still within 6 feet of players and coaches throughout the game and a couple more players in the locker room.

Last edited:

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the teams on Kuzy's no trade list?

This team needs a kick up the ass and the Russians seem to be lackluster in terms of team mentality of late, I think ditching Kuzy would send a big message.

Potentially losing Oshie next year could really suck in terms of locker room leadership.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
So in the next 4 they could go 0-0-4, 0-1-3, 0-2-2, 0-3-1, 0-4-0, 1-0-3, 1-1-2, 1-2-1, 1-3-0, 2-0-2, 2-1-1, 2-2-0, 3-0-1, 3-1-0, 0r 4-0-0?

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the teams on Kuzy's no trade list?

This team needs a kick up the ass and the Russians seem to be lackluster in terms of team mentality of late, I think ditching Kuzy would send a big message.

Potentially losing Oshie next year could really suck in terms of locker room leadership.

Kuz + ? for Dubois?

I'd hate to see Kuz leave but by now, F it. Didn't like it when all the others from '18 left either.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
not happy with Sammy hes on strike 2 and Redskins cut Haskins for this type of shit
It's a bit different in the NFL. NFL teams generate a lot more revenue(so teams can willing cut players with less hesitation) and there is more readily talent available. In the NHL, not so much. If the Caps were to cut Samsonov, their goaltending depth would take a big drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad