Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2020 Offseason Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
your medical license from the University of St Croix is hereby revoked! ;)

Seriously though....read up on antibodies before you get so morally outraged at their persecution.

COVID-19 and Your Health
You know so much about antibodies? I came from a place where yearly vaccination is a must and normal (btw, we don't vaccine elderly as it's dangerous for them). The area where almost everyone has had Covid. Same place where due to flue we close schools and public places and that happens every other year. The chances aren't 0, but it's very low risk at least for a half a year. But of course, I trust you'll entitle me about the subject.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You know so much about antibodies? I came from a place where yearly vaccination is a must and normal (btw, we don't vaccine elderly as it's dangerous for them). The area where almost everyone has had Covid. Same place where due to flue we close schools and public places and that happens every other year. The chances aren't 0, but it's very low risk at least for a half a year. But of course, I trust you'll entitle me about the subject.

Go educate yourself.

COVID-19 and Your Health

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
wow, what a f***ing fanbase. Being Russian == lazy. I guess 2018 is a distant memory. Absolutely ungrateful and this is the fanbase with their captain being Russian and putting their franchise on the map. All this witch hunt is just eye opening and makes me pissed off.

Far out - calm down sparky. It's not exactly a new concept that some Russian players - over the years - have had issues with motivation and commitment, or partying too hard. There's a reason I put it in brackets with a ? I have absolutely no issue with Russian players - quite the opposite, actually.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I didn’t expect you to read where it says you risk reinfection even with antibodies....

It’s ok, continue your tantrum lol.
Really great conversation going on. Did you read the link yourself? Are we arguing over 0 vs low risk? if so, then i admit I was lazy and typed 0, but who knew there would be this one genius who would eat my brain over semantics.

Are you referring to the part below? where they basically say they don't know if antibodies protect or not? lol, they know so little to compare to what an average person who lives in extreme cold knows.

"
If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.
At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.
We won’t know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work.
Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.
"

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Far out - calm down sparky. It's not exactly a new concept that some Russian players - over the years - have had issues with motivation and commitment, or partying too hard. There's a reason I put it in brackets with a ? I have absolutely no issue with Russian players - quite the opposite, actually.
concept by who? is there stats on that? is it universal law? don't you see why i'm outrageous? btw, Russians players in Russia aren't considered having issues with motivation...

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
concept by who? is there stats on that? is it universal law? don't you see why i'm outrageous?

Okay, if we take out the part about him being Russian, let me ask you this question: do you think Kuznetsov has been playing to his potential for the last season and a bit? Or do you think he has been coasting and the commitment doesn't seem to be there?
My original post was meant to be a discussion about his trade value.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Ok. We all want to fight about COVID. I get it

but let’s just lament that the Caps bung-holed themselves here.

good rest for Lavi and the rest of the team. See what they are made of. Lost top LW, 2C, 1LD, and 1G. So.... just some bit pieces.

let’s roll some wins

And on the bright side, we won't see that Orlov - Carlson pairing anymore! Cos it's sucked!

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Okay, if we take out the part about him being Russian, let me ask you this question: do you think Kuznetsov has been playing to his potential for the last season and a bit? Or do you think he has been coasting and the commitment doesn't seem to be there?
My original post was meant to be a discussion about his trade value.
Kuznetsov is one of my favorite players and yes I was frustrated by his play in the last 2 years. I don't have any issues with talking trading him because of his play, but not because of character issues (especially if they are considered to be ethnic traits). Though personally i don't think it's a good idea to trade him now when he is at his low value and there is a chance he can bounce back big time (he did this multiple times over his career)

btw, the whole cocaine thing was bad and lying over it even worse. I don't mind wanting to trade him over these character issues. Though I gave him a pass coz the cup (that's how i wanted the cup badly)

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieCapsFan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Kuznetsov is one of my favorite players and yes I was frustrated by his play in the last 2 years. I don't have any issues with talking trading him because of his play, but not because of character issues (especially if they are considered to be ethnic traits). Though personally i don't think it's a good idea to trade him now when he is at his low value and there is a chance he can bounce back big time (he did this multiple times over his career)

btw, the whole cocaine thing was bad and lying over it even worse. I don't mind wanting to trade him over these character issues. Though I gave him a pass coz the cup (that's how i wanted the cup badly)

Yeah I don't think he has been playing that badly to deserve being traded. He still produces at a good rate (.75 or .80 points per game). We know what he is capable of when he's at his best, and I am interested to see if Lavi can get him back on track.

The cocaine situation was unfortunate and lying made it worse - but that was just a stupid mistake and hopefully he learned from it.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The missed games is because of state of Virginia mandatory quarantine rules - 7 days of quarantine (and a negative test after) if you are in contact with someone who tested positive. And those 7 days cover the next 4 games.

Well then the Caps games should be PPD for the week because everyone should be in quarantine not only the 4 players
Samsonov tested positive on tuesday? they had a game that night

Reactions: searle

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Kuz + ? for Dubois?

I'd hate to see Kuz leave but by now, F it. Didn't like it when all the others from '18 left either.
I proposed a straight up trade on the mains, but someone pointed out that he has a 15 team no trade clause which probably means he isn't going anywhere near Columbus.

He has risk, but if a team like the blue jackets isn't on his list then having a 1C/1aC under contract long term is definitely an asset for them. Some teams have real trouble getting/keeping talent (PLD being a prime example).

Maybe someone like the Canadians would be intetested in trading for Kuzy, either to use him as a winger or just to provide a bit of experience down the middle

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
So Samsonov is the devil because he tested positive?

People wondering if someone would take that awful Kuznetsov contract?

I would assume so considering there are 17 centers in the NHL with more points than him in the last 3 seasons (207) and grand total of 4 guys (Couturier, Scheifele, Point and Barkov) who make less money than him.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ovi could have had covid himself. Or he could have had vaccine shotst. I dont see a problem with any of these options. Antibody test is common in Russia, there is just not much sense to do it out of the blue because if you feel good and maybe had covid some time before you can get it again at some uncertain moment.

If Ovi had covid in the offseason he can get it again (probably in mild form too) in, say, March or May. Totally possible.

Nowadays you can sign up to get vaccinated straight on government service site. Not many are in a hurry to do it though (ppl who's working in more risky circumstances are doing it mostly, also older ppl; young ppl like Ovi do not go for it atm).

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
JFC it doesn't even matter who's had it or who's been vaccinated. Science aside, the rules are set. Personal opinions and anecdotes don't matter.

What's next, smash a guy in the mouth with your stick but argue "I'm a good stickhandler with no previous history so I should be immune to consequences"?

People who believe they're special always think the rules don't apply to them. The reason you can't drive 100mph on the freeway isn't because YOU can't handle it, it's because SOCIETY NEEDS that rule to function.

Good lord. What is going on in this country with the short sighted selfishness.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
JFC it doesn't even matter who's had it or who's been vaccinated. Science aside, the rules are set. Personal opinions and anecdotes don't matter.

What's next, smash a guy in the mouth with your stick but argue "I'm a good stickhandler with no previous history so I should be immune to consequences"?

People who believe they're special always think the rules don't apply to them. The reason you can't drive 100mph on the freeway isn't because YOU can't handle it, it's because SOCIETY NEEDS that rule to function.

Live shot of @g00n right now:

bijSOh3.gif

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island

i like this mini-rant. The last word you typed sums up this whole 4-player controversy. the end.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad