Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2020 Offseason Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think Colorado's Blue/Maroon color combo is one of the best in the league, so as much as I dislike the Nordique's jersey for both historical and aesthetic reasons, I think the Reverse Retro looks cool.

Reactions: max21

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I think I like the Kings the best. Those things are absolutely gorgeous. And the Wild killed it too. Also really like the sweaters for Arizona, St Louis, Florida, Montreal, Edmonton, and New Jersey. Honestly I think the NHL did well with these except for...

Dallas, Detroit, Calgary, both New York teams, Winnipeg, and Toronto. Burn them all with fire.

I love the Nordiques look for Colorado but I don’t think they should use it — if an owner decides to move the team I think there’s no way they should use the old logo/colors/etc as a marketing ploy. f*** the Hurricanes wearing the Whalers jerseys forever.

Dude I have to question your eye sight if you like the St.Louis look.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Im not a big fan of the reverse retro jerseys. I would have loved for them to bring back the 05-06 black home jerseys.
On the other hand, our retro doesn't look that bad. At least they took some time to design it unlike Detroit and Winnipeg

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So the Retros are the new allowable team 4th jerseys. The Caps have also came out and stated that they are also reworking their 3rd alternate jerseys and move away from the 70's whites that they have been using.

I wonder when we are going to be hearing about that.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So the Retros are the new allowable team 4th jerseys. The Caps have also came out and stated that they are also reworking their 3rd alternate jerseys and move away from the 70's whites that they have been using.

I wonder when we are going to be hearing about that.
Wasn’t the 3rd ALT the Red Home one this past year? I know we saw that a lot. Did we also see the 3rd ALT Road White’s?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah sorry I'm not a huge fan. Eagle looks dumb and the angled bottom trim looks dated already. But to be honest, I dislike about 75% of the retro reverse looks they released.
I think the point was to be a little outlandish.

We gotta remember that gate sales are so up in the air, that teams need other ways to make money to flatten the losses.

Merchandise sales are a big part of that.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Wasn’t the 3rd ALT the Red Home one this past year? I know we saw that a lot. Did we also see the 3rd ALT Road White’s?

Was it the reds this year? I remember the whites but my memory could be jumbling it with previous years.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Retro. Not dated.

detroit-red-wings.jpg

Retro. Not dated.

Clayton-Kershaw-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-2010.jpg

Retro. Not dated.

1200px-Alexander_Ovechkin_1_2016-03-01.JPG

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I like the blood-soaked one-legged post office eagle. /shrug

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Retro. Not dated.

detroit-red-wings.jpg

Retro. Not dated.

Retro. Not dated.

I'll give you 1/3. They're classics, but still dated. It's basically a selling point that the Dodgers uniform hasn't changed since Jackie Robinson wore it, except the letters on the hat, but just slapping a team name in cursive along the front is a dated concept that immediately calls to a certain era (and it's the same across all sports, really).

The Capitals jersey has 70's all over it, even if only because that's where we know it came from, but I think it's in the font and the stars from a design standpoint regardless. Those things wouldn't fly today if they weren't already in the history.

The Red Wings... win, I guess, technically, because their logo is too weird to pin to a time period (and hasn't changed) and the bare minimum number of stripes makes it pretty hard to say anything. It evolves with the gear and the jersey cuts but that's all you've got to go off of and it's not much. And yet, if the other 30 teams did it that way (or 29 for as long as Lou Lamoriello is alive) we'd be mocking the NHL for bothering with alternate jerseys at all, so I'd rather see something dated.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Retro. Not dated.

detroit-red-wings.jpg

Retro. Not dated.

Retro. Not dated.

I know the first two pictures are historic franchises but they're not really that great.

The Red Wings Jersey is the worst of all the O6 teams.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Quite honestly I can't stand the Caps primary home red. But largely because I don't like red as the primary color to begin with. Strong dislike for this retro as well. Feels like doubling down on a bad baseline.

The alternate red is so much better to me. It's the only one I'd ever actually consider buying.

The road white is much better. Wish they'd reintroduce a blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad