Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2020 Offseason Pt. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Ted and GMBM did interview him so he’s on the radar. But it’s Laviolettes staff to pick.
How much would Ovie Backy and Carlson respect BB playing for him again?

Yeah I dont even know what their thoughts on the Boudreau era are today. But either way, you are right and its Lavi's decision to make. And Lavi only seemed sure about Kevin McCarthy coming over

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
RMNB makes the case to get Bruce to come back to the Caps as an assistant coach now that the Leafs have just filled that position (was in the running for the assistant coach position with them). Something a lot of us have been wanting.
Hell yeah!!!! Let Lavi run the defense and worry about team structure. Let Bruce run the offense. Somebody tell Ted that i approve this move.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Bruce will get hired for one of the first head coaching vacancies next season. No real reason for him to scramble for an assistant job.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
RMNB makes the case to get Bruce to come back to the Caps as an assistant coach now that the Leafs have just filled that position (was in the running for the assistant coach position with them). Something a lot of us have been wanting.

They also said that the Caps should keep Forsythe...

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Bruce will get hired for one of the first head coaching vacancies next season. No real reason for him to scramble for an assistant job.

A 1 year deal perhaps? He did just try to get the Toronto assisting coaching job, so we know he's amenable to a non-head coaching job. And the article did state this:

Boudreau and his lovely wife Crystal recently moved back to Hershey, Pennsylvania, so he’s basically local. And we know he’s hungry for a job.
“I don’t like sitting on my ass,” Boudreau told The Athletic back in February. “I need to work.”

Maybe working under Lavi for a year could be beneficial to him? He might pick something up for when he does become a head coach again?

I don't know, I'm just trying to spitball here haha..

Now I see why I forgot about this part :laugh:

This is what they actually wrote lol. I am so lost... Is he really a hot sexy fiery tornado?

Maybe they should keep Blaine Forsythe around to remain a fire tornado of sexual charisma behind the bench

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Well, if we're being reality for a moment, the PP under Forsythe was lethal for years. The Reirden takes over and it suddenly doesn't work. Is it so out of bounds to think TR was overly hands on and trying to fix things that weren't broke? I would be not at all surprised to find that his biggest lesson from this first HCing stint is to let his guys do the jobs they were hired for and not micromanage everything.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Well, if we're being reality for a moment, the PP under Forsythe was lethal for years. The Reirden takes over and it suddenly doesn't work. Is it so out of bounds to think TR was overly hands on and trying to fix things that weren't broke? I would be not at all surprised to find that his biggest lesson from this first HCing stint is to let his guys do the jobs they were hired for and not micromanage everything.
So maybe Reirden Oatsed the PP? Stranger things have happened.

But watching it run, I think the players were a much bigger problem than the structure. They have been running the same structure that once ruled the league the last couple of seasons, they need innovation.

Reactions: Calicaps

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
WTF is going on with RMNB lately? One of their writers suggested Boudreau coming in as a defensive coach? Like, what the f***? Offensive assistant coach makes sense, but, in what world would Boudreau come in and run the D??

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not sure I really buy that it was TR messing everything up. It had some prolonged slumps in the seasons prior, and has remained mostly intact since the Oates years. Other teams are just catching onto their zone entries over time, and they're finally running out of new answers to it. Too much of the evolution of the PP has focused on what happens in the zone (although most of those "wrinkles" and new set plays are nice to have in your back pocket).

Reactions: Calicaps

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
WTF is going on with RMNB lately? One of their writers suggested Boudreau coming in as a defensive coach? Like, what the f***? Offensive assistant coach makes sense, but, in what world would Boudreau come in and run the D??
During Boudreau's complete seasons coaching his last two teams, the Ducks allowed the 6th fewest goals against per game and the Wild allowed the 8th fewest goals against per game.

I also don't see anything advocating for any specific assistant coaching position in their article:
Okay, hear me out: Bruce Boudreau for assistant coach

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

Its almost like BB was coaching the last two playoff runs.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So maybe Reirden Oatsed the PP? Stranger things have happened.
What I'm thinking.

I'm not sure I really buy that it was TR messing everything up. It had some prolonged slumps in the seasons prior, and has remained mostly intact since the Oates years. Other teams are just catching onto their zone entries over time, and they're finally running out of new answers to it. Too much of the evolution of the PP has focused on what happens in the zone (although most of those "wrinkles" and new set plays are nice to have in your back pocket).
That's all fair. I'm not entirely wedded to the notion. I just noted that the PP did rather fall off a cliff right after being so dominant in the Cup run.

Last edited:

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
It's well-known that Reirden worked on the PP as an assistant. This speculation seems exactly backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad