Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019 Offseason Pt. 5: Training Camp yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just thinking about Caps essentially career ending groin injuries, imho, Sutherby, Laich, Alzner, to start the list... I'm happy for Alzner on the Montreal contract... a definitely good dude. If I could modify the player in a video game setting would simply up aggression by 30 percent and keep his pre-groin injury speed.

Remember what happened with Tom Poti?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Just thinking about Caps essentially career ending groin injuries, imho, Sutherby, Laich, Alzner, to start the list... I'm happy for Alzner on the Montreal contract... a definitely good dude. If I could modify the player in a video game setting would simply up aggression by 30 percent and keep his pre-groin injury speed.
Didn't Green have groin problems too? Not career ending, obviously, but I thought I remembered problems there.

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Didn't Green have groin problems too? Not career ending, obviously, but I thought I remembered problems there.

Didn't Chris Clark's career crash and burn with a groin injury? Didn't we used to blame the Caps ice for that trend? Did the Caps change the ice? Alzner was the last one, though, he was playing with a strain he shouldn't have been and it blew up. Had it sat it out he might have not been effected long term

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So....Copley?
I think he's done enough to keep the back-up job but we'll see. With Holtby playing the whole way tonight it's going to be hard to give the other options the nod based on pre-season play anyway.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Didn't Chris Clark's career crash and burn with a groin injury? Didn't we used to blame the Caps ice for that trend? Did the Caps change the ice? Alzner was the last one, though, he was playing with a strain he shouldn't have been and it blew up. Had it sat it out he might have not been effected long term
They changed the training staff; I know that.

Reactions: Silky mitts

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
How can the ice be a reason? 10% of hockey injuries are groins. Most of the time the reasons are errors in physical preparation process.

Varly had groin problems, isn't he?

My formula whould be Bad Staff AND/OR Lazy Player = Groin Injury

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I don’t see how they get under the cap when Kuzy gets back without a trade without Vanecek as the backup

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t see how they get under the cap when Kuzy gets back without a trade without Vanecek as the backup

Its possible that they know something that we don't.
1. They have a deal on the table that they wont pull the trigger on til they have to.
2. They know that Kempny isn't ready and will start the season on LTIR. That would change their salary cap situation and their depth situation and would effect how they managed their roster.

Now, I don't know any of that to be true, but so long as Kempny is in a non-contact jersey it is a realistic possibility. It could be as simple as they are waiting for Kempny to be cleared to play before they move a defenseman(Lets say Djoos)

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Its possible that they know something that we don't.
1. They have a deal on the table that they wont pull the trigger on til they have to.
2. They know that Kempny isn't ready and will start the season on LTIR. That would change their salary cap situation and their depth situation and would effect how they managed their roster.

Now, I don't know any of that to be true, but so long as Kempny is in a non-contact jersey it is a realistic possibility. It could be as simple as they are waiting for Kempny to be cleared to play before they move a defenseman(Lets say Djoos)
3rd possibility is they want to get Samsonov a start and then they recall Vanecek but those are the 3 options

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Vanecek played only a half of a game and is now back to AHL. No way he is an option on NHL team. He is a good AHL backup goalie. Malenstyn is back to AHL too. He had 0.00000% chance to make the team out of the camp. LuJo is back to AHL. Now the true fight starts for him so he does not end in ECHL. Samsonov and Fehervary are the two future HOF in power. The only RFAs with the team and Jonas. Let's speak about something more realistic. Our top4 D the openning night will be:

Orlov-Gudas
Fehervary-Carlson

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'm guessing they'll just trade/waive Stephenson and then send Siegenthaler down when the time comes. Maybe even immediately if Fehervary is indeed slated to play and Siegenthaler would sit even with Kempny out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad