Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019 Offseason Pt. 5: Training Camp yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm pretty sure everyone would be injured if they received the hit that Alexeyev took during that game

Just talking about the early trend so far. You can justify whatever you want. That’s missing the point.

I’ve said it before. With experience comes (hopefully) better situational awareness. Part of why I don’t see him as close to NHL-ready like some.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Just talking about the early trend so far. You can justify whatever you want. That’s missing the point.

I’ve said it before. With experience comes (hopefully) better situational awareness. Part of why I don’t see him as close to NHL-ready like some.
he was probably going to start the year in Hershey regardless so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just listened to Reirden. He seems to like Malenstyn. He didn't really say much about the defensemen

Hard not to the way he performed. Gotta play him though. Malenstyn better be in the lineup for both of the remaining preseason games.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England

Well maybe this is something Orpik can help him with.

Go through instances where he's putting himself at risk, talk about ways to reduce that risk with things like altering body position etc.

Seems like this is one of the reasons he's there, right?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Poor Alzner. Buried in the AHL again. 3 more contracted years, although I could see a buyout after this year or next. This is his last year of big real $. Only 6.5 mil left over 2 years after this season

I think he's pretty lucky. He could have gone the way of Brooks Laich had timing not been what it was. At least Alzner got to get paid for past performance, even if he's buried in the AHL now. If Karl had another year on his contract in Washington and if had he hit UFA the following year he likely would have gotten a contract 1/3, at best, of what he has now.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
When you admit that you can't open jars on a regular basis, I feel like you need to reevaluate your position on being a professional athlete.

Things worked out about as well for him as they ever could have, short of being around to lift the cup (and he really did deserve it, but they probably wouldn't have had he been there).

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just thinking about Caps essentially career ending groin injuries, imho, Sutherby, Laich, Alzner, to start the list... I'm happy for Alzner on the Montreal contract... a definitely good dude. If I could modify the player in a video game setting would simply up aggression by 30 percent and keep his pre-groin injury speed.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Just thinking about Caps essentially career ending groin injuries, imho, Sutherby, Laich, Alzner, to start the list... I'm happy for Alzner on the Montreal contract... a definitely good dude. If I could modify the player in a video game setting would simply up aggression by 30 percent and keep his pre-groin injury speed.
Forget the aggression, give him any offensive awareness and he's basically Duncan Keith

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad