Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019 Offseason Pt. 5: Training Camp yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Jordan Schmaltz was just placed on waivers by the Leafs. They are trying to sneak him through to the AHL.

Former 1st round pick, big and fast, just turned 25 and is over his concussion problems from last year. Only reason he’s being sent down is because the Leafs are making room for their young D prospects.

Worth a shot to beef up the right side IMO.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Fehervary is taking rushes with Carlson

And he will make the openning night roaster.... on the Carlson pair ...

giphy.gif

@txpd @Calicaps @hb11xchamps

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’ve thought since Djoos’s # came in the best lineup long term would have Fehervary and Samsonov on the roster of 22, trade Djoos, bury Stephenson and Copley, sit Sieg and Leipsic/Boyd, that’s a scary lineup, scarier than if you switch out Fever and Sammy for Djoos and Vanecek which is the alternative. And you’re able to make an informed decision with Holtby.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Vanecek played only a half of a game and is now back to AHL. No way he is an option on NHL team. He is a good AHL backup goalie. Malenstyn is back to AHL too. He had 0.00000% chance to make the team out of the camp. LuJo is back to AHL. Now the true fight starts for him so he does not end in ECHL. Samsonov and Fehervary are the two future HOF in power. The only RFAs with the team and Jonas. Let's speak about something more realistic. Our top4 D the openning night will be:

Orlov-Gudas
Fehervary-Carlson
:facepalm::facepalm:
And he will make the openning night roaster.... on the Carlson pair ...

giphy.gif

@txpd @Calicaps @hb11xchamps
Jayson Megna, Nathan Walker and Sean Collins all “made the opening night roster” in recent seasons. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves with another round of cuts left

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The entire lineup was more than likely set a month ago. Kuzy's suspension buys someone an extra week, and Kempny being out maybe two weeks.

No one really stood out to me to take a spot from Hathaway, Leipsic, etc.

The only real intrigue in my mind was/is the backup goalie spot.

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
The entire lineup was more than likely set a month ago. Kuzy's suspension buys someone an extra week, and Kempny being out maybe two weeks.

No one really stood out to me to take a spot from Hathaway, Leipsic, etc.

The only real intrigue in my mind was/is the backup goalie spot.
I think Sieg vs Fever was/is a competition

Silky mitts

Mar 9, 2004
I would love to think it is but I can't imagine, assuming Djoos or Seigenthaler don't get moved, they don't want Fehrevary to get a season in Hershey.

Now mind you I would LOVE if he makes it. I love when kids get a chance.
I don’t see how to get under the cap without trading Djoos

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Djoos has to go. Orlov, Kempny and Sieg are ahead of him. Fehervary and soon Alexeyev are passing him by. I see no room for a $1.25M 7/8D.

He is considered offensively talented D but he only scored one point in 22 playoff games on the SC championship run. He is not physical enough and not super good defensively. I like him, but I am ok if we lose him.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Doesn't sound like Kempny is that close. The Caps play 3 games in 4 nights at the start. Its an easy projection that he misses all of those. There wont be any practices in that period. My guess is that he is either ready after that or heads to LTIR

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Alexeyev played last night in Hershey’s preseason game. I’m surprised they sent him down and didn’t let him get a preseason game in for Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad