Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019-20 Season Pt. 1: Drop. The. Puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Are there teams with top 6 forwards on their 4th line and top 4 defensemen taking healthy scratches or sitting in the AHL? The Caps have a legit potential star goalie as their back up. They have a Stanley Cup champion and 2 hot prospects playing well at Hershey. They have Boyd and Stephenson played out of the lineup by Hathaway and Leipsic. All four appear to be overperformaning expectations. What exactly is the Caps depth problem?

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Are there teams with top 6 forwards on their 4th line and top 4 defensemen taking healthy scratches or sitting in the AHL? The Caps have a legit potential star goalie as their back up. They have a Stanley Cup champion and 2 hot prospects playing well at Hershey. They have Boyd and Stephenson played out of the lineup by Hathaway and Leipsic. All four appear to be overperformaning expectations. What exactly is the Caps depth problem?
- No legit first pair shutdown RD

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Nice article on Eller and his comfort level with his role. Interesting part for me:

STANLEY CUP SOUVENIR:
Eller's Cup-clinging goal ranks among the biggest in franchise history. But what ever happened to the puck from that produced the game-winning goal? Eller shared the details in the Q and A below:
Q: DO YOU HAVE THE VEGAS PUCK?
A: Yes, I do. I do. I have a good story to that. I have it at home and I'll frame it soon.
Q: HOME IN DENMARK?
A: No, here in Wash.
Q: SO WHAT'S THE STORY?
A: The story is, Tony Robbins tracked down the puck and got it for me.
Q: WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'TRACKED IT DOWN'?
A: So apparently, this is the version that I got, after I scored the goal, one of the Vegas players shot the puck up into the stands and some fan caught it. The camera showed this fan that caught it and somehow Tony or one of his associates tracked this person down and bought the puck from this guy for an unknown amount.

Home Found

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Does anyone see them adding at the TDL? I'm just fascinated by what we do because our team has so many new pieces, yet we have been SO f***ING GOOD! Props to Todd and the coaching staff. I haven't seen the Caps play this consistently dominant in years. We have a cap crunch, but, I honestly don't know if we need to add anyone at the TDL. Maybe go over the top with another impact FWD and depth D? But, do we really need that? We already have NHL players sitting and in Hershey. An interesting conundrum. I honestly think that this current group can get it done.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Assuming everyone is healthy and continues to produce at or around their current levels? I don't think you add anything at the TDL. Maybe GMBM takes a shot at another low price high upside RHD acquisition for depth, since that's a big part of what sank them against CAR last year.

But the key, to me, is lines 2-4 scoring, and so far that hasn't been a problem.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Does anyone see them adding at the TDL? I'm just fascinated by what we do because our team has so many new pieces, yet we have been SO ****ING GOOD! Props to Todd and the coaching staff. I haven't seen the Caps play this consistently dominant in years. We have a cap crunch, but, I honestly don't know if we need to add anyone at the TDL. Maybe go over the top with another impact FWD and depth D? But, do we really need that? We already have NHL players sitting and in Hershey. An interesting conundrum. I honestly think that this current group can get it done.
A cheap vet D. Think 1.5m tops, unless we have LTIR to work with (and I hope not)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Caps have the worst visiting locker room, Winnipeg and Buffalo worst road cities
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id...d-road-trip-best-dressing-room-gritty-fatigue

200.webp

Reactions: searle and Calicaps

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I hope so, he wasn't so good his first 8 games.

All we can do is hope, especially that he's not a lame duck UFA signing. The good news is the team barely notices him or his time out. He has the resume to pick his game up though. Just realized I typed rolls rather than roles. Silly iPad.

Reactions: um

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The isles are really hitting a stride, but they are going to crash and burn. The lack of offensive firepower will eventually catch up

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Only while he's out, apparently it doesn't "bank", so we can go over the cap as much as his salary while he's say on LTIR, but won't have any cap benefits once he's back

Which is why we may not hurry to bring him back. We’ll be back to balancing the cap which means Boyd will go back down (no waivers). Not sure if we’ll have to make another forward move (Stevo). I don’t think so because we had him up before. But Lewington might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad