Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 Still The Champs Edition - Pt. 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Have to think that, especially if they repeat as Champs, GMBM is planning to move some salary, probably on D, to play young guys. But I guess we'll see. The man's a wizard so who really knows what he's thinking.

Yea….He both keeps the team moving forward and holding their advantage and at the same time managing both the salary cap and the forward movement of the team. So, while I can guess what he might do, I am not sure how close I could get. Particularly without knowing the movement in the salary cap and the revenue projections the league has going forward. Critical info that is inside business that he would know that we would never get access to

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Closest I could come to the Caps. But man, these guys are tight as can be!

009367da3e545909641a309259acbd7f.gif

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Checking on some advanced stats and it is shocking how last season and this season look almost exactly the same for the Caps with these stats. Some fluctuation in the numbers but in terms of where they finished relative to the rest of the league hardly any.

Also, almost everything jumps up after Jensen gets here:

Reactions: calicapsfan

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
When’s DSP coming back? I refuse to believe he won’t get a shot here.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
At this point I don’t think DSP comes back until Hershey is eliminated from the playoffs. There’s only one roster move remaining and they’d be smart to keep it in case there’s an injury to a defensemen.

Reactions: Corby78

Jun 15, 2007

It wasn't some secret plan to stash him there and call him up when the salary cap didnt matter. He just sucks.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Why is that? Why bring him back to sit in the press box. He lost his roster for a reason

There is some merit to the notion that DSP isn't much for the regular season but brings it in the playoffs, and the playoffs, just like winter in Game of Thrones, is coming.

We have almost no grit on our 4th line. I'd want DSP as an option for that alone, but I also trust GMBM and Hot Toddy to make the right decisions.

Reactions: Corby78

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
francaisvolantsparis said:
Caps were ready and OK to lose him on waivers. Zero chance we will see DSP in playoffs this year. Coach has another plan/system
calicapsfan said:
Another post that is just so full of wrong. They waived DSP because they want him playing and getting himself into playoff shape. Jaskin can sit and no one cares.
And you are the Holy Truth Cosmic Supermind to judge what is wrong and what is true?
searle said:
I SMELL ANOTHER AVATAR BET!
I am ready to put an Icecream Trak pic as my avatar if DSP starts one game for Caps these playoffs

Smells a Big 1:0 for me in avatar bets.

Reactions: searle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad