GDT: Caps @ Flightless birds - 3/11/14 7:30 PM

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Why not have MoJo at 2C and put Wilson on the wing in the top 6 for once?!

I get why he doesn't want to break up the Chim-Fehr-Ward line as that was our best line last night but why put Beagle, a definite 4th line player on the 2nd line ahead of Wilson, a promising prospect who has done well with quality teammates and ice time when (very rarely) shown it.

:deadhorse

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
don't know if this has been noted or talked about but it appears that the caps standard road whites have been shelved and they are exclusively using their WC whites.

I suggest this means we will never see those standard whites again. they will introduce a WC red for the home game while using the road WC white as a promotional thing. post WC the caps will use only the WC reds and whites. I suspect that the current red will be replaced as well post WC and the caps will have completed a uni change.

The WC whites are horrible. Keep that garbage back in the 80's.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Why not have MoJo at 2C and put Wilson on the wing in the top 6 for once?!

I get why he doesn't want to break up the Chim-Fehr-Ward line as that was our best line last night but why put Beagle, a definite 4th line player on the 2nd line ahead of Wilson, a promising prospect who has done well with quality teammates and ice time when (very rarely) shown it.

:deadhorse

Because Beagle is a Center and Oates has acknowledged that you can't play a Winger such as Wilson at Center.

Oh, except for Fehr.

Edit^: I think the WC whites look better than our normal home/away jerseys.

Edit2: Wow, I can't read and I'm an idiot, ignore me please.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Because Beagle is a Center and Oates has acknowledged that you can't play a Winger such as Wilson at Center.

Oh, except for Fehr.

Why put Johansson, a Centre, at Left Wing forcing a bottom line player into the top six was my point. For a guy so hot on people playing their correct positions no matter what that's a pretty confusing move

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
don't know if this has been noted or talked about but it appears that the caps standard road whites have been shelved and they are exclusively using their WC whites.

I suggest this means we will never see those standard whites again. they will introduce a WC red for the home game while using the road WC white as a promotional thing. post WC the caps will use only the WC reds and whites. I suspect that the current red will be replaced as well post WC and the caps will have completed a uni change.

Bummer, I like those white non-WC jerseys. I actually like them a lot more than the red ones.

IRTT

I wish I could say I'm shocked to see Beagle at 2C given all the options Oates has, but sadly I'm not. Demote Oates to PP coach and hire a real HC.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Why put Johansson, a Centre, at Left Wing forcing a bottom line player into the top six was my point. For a guy so hot on people playing their correct positions no matter what that's a pretty confusing move
Yeah, I realized I'm illiterate a little after I posted that, my mistake. My guess is because Johansson can't win a faceoff to save his life and he's more than happy to play guys out of position so long as they're on their strong side based on handedness. Plus that top line had been together for a while and he has a boner for chemistry (see: Laich and Brouwer never being separated ever despite their awful play early on in the season).

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Yeah, I realized I'm illiterate a little after I posted that, my mistake. My guess is because Johansson can't win a faceoff to save his life and he's more than happy to play guys out of position so long as they're on their strong side based on handedness. Plus that top line had been together for a while and he has a boner for chemistry (see: Laich and Brouwer never being separated ever despite their awful play early on in the season).

I know it's unlikely Penner will replicate his chemistry with Getz and Perry but I sure wish he'd get a few games to try on our top line. But especially now with Kuznetsov here I don't think he'd really get a shot, I'm guessing Johansson is a placeholder for Kuz

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Considering how often Oates has wingers taking faceoffs, I doubt Mojo's ability in the dot has anything to do with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad