GDT: Caps @ Flightless birds - 3/11/14 7:30 PM

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I wonder what Latta did to deserve is banishment in Herhsey? Good grief.

I wonder the same, but also about Oleksy. He seems victim of the Carrick Rapid Development Program. Sure he wasn't gang busters but then why did George rush to ink him to a 3 year contract?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Green as part of a package for Kesler

Thought of this at one time as well as a part of a sizeable trade package with the Canucks. Of course it was based on the premise that the Caps still had Forsberg.

Forsberg
MAJO
Green
Neuvirth

for

Luongo
Kesler

Back to reality, Green's play of late coupled with his contract (though he'll be a UFA after next season), I don't know if there are many takers out there for him and if so the return may not be what Caps fans might expect. I think you'd have to involve him in a multiple player trade to include the likes of MAJO and Joel Ward. I like Ward but he'll also be a UFA after next season and his stock right now has to be at it's highest plus we would be trading from our strength, right wing position thus helping
Tom Wilson get more ice time next season.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The Capitals bandwagon is down to only a few passengers now. I wonder if Ted realizes what happens to his favorite thing -- the attendance cash cow -- once this team is coming off a non playoff year.

The GMGM regime was losing steam years ago. But apparently it has to be blatantly obvious for anything to be done about it. In that way McPhee and Leonsis are good bedfellows. McPhee is the master of the "day late, dollar short" move. Ribiero would have been perfect when we had Semin, not after. And Erat, Penner, Halak etc would have been great for the 2008-2011 teams before they turned into the NHL equivalent of warm bodies when we finally got around to acquiring them.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
The Capitals bandwagon is down to only a few passengers now. I wonder if Ted realizes what happens to his favorite thing -- the attendance cash cow -- once this team is coming off a non playoff year.

The GMGM regime was losing steam years ago. But apparently it has to be blatantly obvious for anything to be done about it. In that way McPhee and Leonsis are good bedfellows. McPhee is the master of the "day late, dollar short" move. Ribiero would have been perfect when we had Semin, not after. And Erat, Penner, Halak etc would have been great for the 2008-2011 teams before they turned into the NHL equivalent of warm bodies when we finally got around to acquiring them.

well said, in the end they are always "happy with our team" and never make an appropriate move until its FAR too late. It gets old really fast, and besides when will they finally address the defense? When Ovechkin is old or asked to be traded? By the time we get some Defense our offense will be non existent, its already leaning that direction.

OVs Gold Chain*

3rd highest paid player on our team banks as much as the entire blueline combined, yet doesn't even play the defensive position he is paid to play. In the real world when you can't do your job you get fired. In McPhee's world, you get a contract extension.

Of course we are gonna lose.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I hate green.

I hate Oates more for allowing him to play

I hate GMGM for thinking he's a good player

I hate myself because I like the Caps

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I have no hope for the caps with GMGM and Oates running the show.

i expect another game of stupid lines and bad defense

pitt wins and caps season 1 game closer to over

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
No Laich

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps · 5m
Laich did not make the trip to Pittsburgh; Wellman will draw into the lineup tonight. No word on line combos yet. #CapsPens

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I wonder what Latta did to deserve is banishment in Herhsey? Good grief.

It's probably better for him in the long run to develop his offensive game more. We know he can fight, throw hits, and he is solid on the PK. I think he also needs to mature a little bit more. He takes bad penalties at times which isn't good since he gets big PK minutes.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thought of this at one time as well as a part of a sizeable trade package with the Canucks. Of course it was based on the premise that the Caps still had Forsberg.

Forsberg
MAJO
Green
Neuvirth

for

Luongo
Kesler

Back to reality, Green's play of late coupled with his contract (though he'll be a UFA after next season), I don't know if there are many takers out there for him and if so the return may not be what Caps fans might expect. I think you'd have to involve him in a multiple player trade to include the likes of MAJO and Joel Ward. I like Ward but he'll also be a UFA after next season and his stock right now has to be at it's highest plus we would be trading from our strength, right wing position thus helping
Tom Wilson get more ice time next season.

I would rather trade Brouwer and get his salary off the books and if Wilson is ready give him the 2nd line minutes. Brouwer, Green, Mojo, 1st to Van for Kesler and a RD

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Ted is most likely focusing on the Wizards now. As for the Pen fans in attendance, most of them probably live in the D.C. Area. This team needs a media source that can breathe fire down their neck.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's probably better for him in the long run to develop his offensive game more. We know he can fight, throw hits, and he is solid on the PK. I think he also needs to mature a little bit more. He takes bad penalties at times which isn't good since he gets big PK minutes.

Latta?

He has 1 minor in 17 games? :laugh:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The Laich thing is weird. We keep hearing he isn't 100 percent, and he keeps missing games. But then when he does play, he has great jump and confidence, and he scores. Never thought the day would return when i would actually miss 21 in the lineup, but it has. We need the guy right now.

Any word on how far away Grabo is? Is he even skating yet?

Penner or Kuz on top line please. And Fehr on a wing, not in the center. And two goals from AO. That is all.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Laich is whipped and fabricating illnesses to get back home, to bed ;)

Or, to stay home. Sorry Oatsie, I can't go to Pitt I need to get the ole groin ironed out.

That, or Neuvy taught him a few tricks on getting out of games once the fat contract is signed. I am feeling really really gassy, coach.

Last edited:

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Whats wrong with this? Can't blame him for half the goals he has let in, same with Holtby, I'd at least allow halak to shake his nerves for a few games.

1) He wasn't good last night.
2) It's his second game on a back-to-back against the Pens
3) Holtby was actually good in his last start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad