GDT: Caps @ Flightless birds - 3/11/14 7:30 PM

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
I hate green.

I hate Oates more for allowing him to play

I hate GMGM for thinking he's a good player

I hate myself because I like the Caps

In Oates defense, who would you rather play in Green's spot?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but there really isn't anyone else that deserves top 4 min.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Kuz- Backstrom - Ovie
Penner - Mojo - Brouwer
Chimera - Wellman - Ward
Fehr - Beagle - Wilson

I don't like MJ ad Kuz together - I want Ovi as his body guard. MJ hasn't done much for me lately but Oates lacks sacks to move him down.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
In Hershey Latta has a lot more than one minor. Obviously I was talking about his time in Hershey since I regularly see him play.

That shouldn't be listed as a reason why he was dropped when he looked good for bunch of games he played in. That wasn't an issue for him in the NHL-level.

He should play over Beagle/Wellman pretty easily.

Good as in he let in 2 of his typical short side goals.

Goal 1 was a nice move and goal 2 was deflected by Alzner.

Goal 1 was great example of one of the biggest flaws in Halak's game, but i agree that you can't blame it solely on him. Green was useless as usually in that situation.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We have close to the league worst PK in 2014

Why is that?

Last edited:

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I agree with starting Halak

At this point, the ONLY chance we have at the playoffs is if Halak suddenly turns into a brick wall.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
It's probably better for him in the long run to develop his offensive game more. We know he can fight, throw hits, and he is solid on the PK. I think he also needs to mature a little bit more. He takes bad penalties at times which isn't good since he gets big PK minutes.

How's he on faceoffs? This is one area among many that this team needs to address in the off season.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would rather trade Brouwer and get his salary off the books and if Wilson is ready give him the 2nd line minutes. Brouwer, Green, Mojo, 1st to Van for Kesler and a RD

I'd prefer Ward moved rather than Brouwer. Ward has one season remaining on his contract and Brouwer two. This has been pretty much a career season for Ward so sell high and it creates an opening to move Wilson up as well.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No Laich...my lines?

Penner - Backstrom - Ovie
Kuznetsov - Mojo - Brouwer
Chimera - Wellman - Ward
Fehr - Beagle - Wilson

Fehr on the fourth line. :shakehead

The third line of Chimera - Fehr - Ward was the best line last night.

Fehr always seems to play well against the Pens, goal last night, two against them in the WC and then I recall him scoring one that started a comeback win on Super Bowl Sunday when BB was the coach.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
What's Fehr's experience like on the top line? Or is it nonexistent because I can't recall him ever playing with ovi and backy.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
What's Fehr's experience like on the top line? Or is it nonexistent because I can't recall him ever playing with ovi and backy.

IIRC, He played a couple games there this year and scored a goal or two
I specifically remember one off a feed from Ovi, and I want to say he scored another.

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013

He played with Grabo and OV for a week or two earlier this season.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
fehr on the fourth line. :shakehead

the third line of chimera - fehr - ward was the best line last night.

Fehr always seems to play well against the pens, goal last night, two against them in the wc and then i recall him scoring one that started a comeback win on super bowl sunday when bb was the coach.
he"s not a ****ing center!!!

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
How's he on faceoffs? This is one area among many that this team needs to address in the off season.
I usually don't pay too much attention to faceoffs because the AHL linesmen are the worst in terms of kicking people out, taking too long to drop the puck, and having to redo faceoffs but when I have paid attention he has done fairly well. I'll definitely start paying more attention to this in the upcoming games and get back to everyone. I'll try to start giving more reports on the prospects in the Hershey thread.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That shouldn't be listed as a reason why he was dropped when he looked good for bunch of games he played in. That wasn't an issue for him in the NHL-level.

He should play over Beagle/Wellman pretty easily.

Like I said before, he was most likely dropped to get top AHL minutes to round out his game offensively. Getting 5 minutes on the 4th line is not beneficial to him (see Tom Wilson). He is a good physical defensive forward who can really throw em but he isn't superior to Wellman offensively.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
We have close to the league worst PK in 2014

Why is that?

What I don't get is why a guy like Jay Beagle who worked his way up to the NHL being a good defensive forward and PKer isn't on the PK. Oates makes no sense. Beagle's bread and butter is the PK it always has been. When Walton was in Hershey he made multiple comments that the tandem of Beagle and Boyd Kane were the pest Penalty Kill forwards he had ever seen and it was true. Part of the reason those Hershey teams won those cups was because Beagle was a great PKer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad