GDT: Caps @ Flightless birds - 3/11/14 7:30 PM

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Beagle is way too active and aggressive for our PK - he needs to be stationed statically at his position in the box making the "right read".

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I really hope we get to see more of Kuzya tonight, I don't really have many other reasons for watching.

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
What I don't get is why a guy like Jay Beagle who worked his way up to the NHL being a good defensive forward and PKer isn't on the PK. Oates makes no sense. Beagle's bread and butter is the PK it always has been. When Walton was in Hershey he made multiple comments that the tandem of Beagle and Boyd Kane were the pest Penalty Kill forwards he had ever seen and it was true. Part of the reason those Hershey teams won those cups was because Beagle was a great PKer.

Pretty sure he was on PK last night

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Yet he had a better game last night then at least two of the ****ing Caps centers.

In the games before that, he was averaging about 1 goal against per night, due to defensive miscues. He is a liability at center.

But I agree he is playing well otherwise. I want to see him, Kuzya or Penner on the top line w/ Ovie and Nicky tonight. (In other words, the three players Oates probably won't use there.)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What I don't get is why a guy like Jay Beagle who worked his way up to the NHL being a good defensive forward and PKer isn't on the PK. Oates makes no sense. Beagle's bread and butter is the PK it always has been. When Walton was in Hershey he made multiple comments that the tandem of Beagle and Boyd Kane were the pest Penalty Kill forwards he had ever seen and it was true. Part of the reason those Hershey teams won those cups was because Beagle was a great PKer.

Thanks

I figured Oates had a hand in it. Overthinking it and not using his best PK forward, to save him for those 7 minutes of ES TOI I presume.

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
@kcarrera 5m
Oates said some of the defensemen are banged up, wouldn’t specify who is questionable for tonight. Will have to wait for warmups.

capsfan528

Dec 20, 2008
Carrick is most likely out if Wey gets into the lineup..didnt see a shift after about the 10 minute mark of the third.

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I have no idea what lines will be, but it would be preferable if Kuznetsov was placed on the not-4th line.

Burakovsky95*

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 46s
#Caps lines in warmups: Johansson-Backstrom-Ovi; Penner-Beagle-Brouwer; Chimera-Fehr-Ward; Kuznetsov-Wellman-Wilson

Never change Oates, never change

Jay Beagle 2C extraordinaire

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Beagle to 2C. Kuz stays. Mojo to 1LW.

If Kuz doesn't get at least 5 or 6 shifts with first line I'll be royally pissed.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I don't know if I'm being salty but I think I'd take that fourth line over the second line.

Burakovsky95*

That 2nd line is literally going to be horrid. So ineffective and slow.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
NHL headline: "Capitals shallow at center." All because of Laich being out.

He hasn't played center with any consistency this season.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
don't know if this has been noted or talked about but it appears that the caps standard road whites have been shelved and they are exclusively using their WC whites.

I suggest this means we will never see those standard whites again. they will introduce a WC red for the home game while using the road WC white as a promotional thing. post WC the caps will use only the WC reds and whites. I suspect that the current red will be replaced as well post WC and the caps will have completed a uni change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad