Post-Game Talk: caps @ devs 1 pm 2/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
We are really bad right now but I saw them win a cup 2 years ago. I’m good for another few years I think

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuzy wasn't even in the box anymore when they got scored on. But its still his fault.

Yea boss. Kempny isn't in the box without Kuzy's stupid penalty. The team had been killing penalties for more than 2 mins and Kuzy was on the ice when the goal was scored. Yea. He and Kempny are to blame. Go ahead and gve him a pass. Why not?

Reactions: Heath

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It’s impressive the ways they’re inventing to make things harder on themselves. I do think they’re playing better though, for whatever that is worth. Should have won today.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I have to admit I'm surprised how fast I've converted to a "Kempny's part of the problem" guy. Theoretically, I like his game, but outside of his dumb-ass penalty he also got caught pinching too high in the first goal-against. I'd move Jensen first (duh), but Kempny's now tradeable for me.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
It’s impressive the ways they’re inventing to make things harder on themselves. I do think they’re playing better though, for whatever that is worth. Should have won today.
I only watched for about 10 mins. Following the score and natural stat trick it seemed like they were really poor through 2 periods and then dominated at even strength in the 3rd. It’s troubling that their starts have been so bad lately (not just by the score but being ready to play). Special teams seems to be what lost them the game. 1/6 on the PP and 1/3 on the PK isn’t gonna win you many games.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I track patterns for betting and the last stretch has been very interesting.. they're going through identical time as Vegas did early in the year, started from inconsistency/struggling against good teams to blowing it against bad teams and just looking flat. In the same spot Vegas blew it against Detroit giving up a lead losing 3-2, Caps did it against Montreal (the only difference was the Wilson late tying goal). Then Vegas lost for the first time ever against the Hawks who were in a very similar spot as the Devils were today.

Next game Vegas lost to another bad team again in LA (Caps have angry Pens) before breaking through 6-0 against Calgary.

Vegas did turn it around to an extent, but management still decided to fire Gallant couple months later saying the team just didn't 'feel right'.

Have to be curious what the GM is thinking right now, especially since there's some quality coaches available (best i remember really ever at this time of the year). Laviolette has a solid track record with his new teams, and the one time he was hired mid-season by the Flyers they made the cup finals. Gallant is one of those guys who can make a team catch lightning in a bottle and Boudreau is a familiar face for the leaders in the room.

I've been questioning Reirden for a while as the head coach, but thought he proved me wrong in the 1st half. Now? Im not so sure anymore.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
700 means one thing

giphy.gif

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
We are suck.

They actually look a little lost there. They are losing game after another and look like they dont know what they are doing wrong. Or like they care too much. Im in the group of last ones to demand heads before this season has played it out, but im slowly turning my eyes on Reirden. Nothing is happening on the ice.

Well.. ”we have time”. Until we dont. Need to get some wins soon or we are right there in the middle of playoffs-spot dog fight before we even notice. The cushion has slowly been taken away and its about the time to get back on the track.

Cant expect much from tomorrows game. Maybe a comfortable big loss can wake the s*** out of the fat cat syndhromed Capitals?

Worst game of the season for JC. Where is Vrana? Where is fourth line? Why are they trying to overcorrect the PP? Stop that bs where Ovie is forced to create plays from blueline while others make themselves invisible. Kempny should be out couple games thinking about that stupid wrestling match penalty.

Atleast Sammy was good. And Jensen played the best game of this season! Did you see that mr. Verbeek??!

Congrats Ovie. Magnificent achievement. Respect for Devils fans for honouring the moment. Respect for Devils bench to not challenge the goal (high chance it would have been waived off for goalie interference). Ill take the 700 goals for today, but losing another game like this sours it up a little.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This isn't school, this is a job. So yeah he has the authority. I'm not taking blame off players, just adding it to the coaches.

Well...sort of. Its a job where you cant fire the employees. I can see Kempny scratched tomorrow but Kuzy cant be scratched much less fired.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
I have to admit I'm surprised how fast I've converted to a "Kempny's part of the problem" guy. Theoretically, I like his game, but outside of his dumb-ass penalty he also got caught pinching too high in the first goal-against. I'd move Jensen first (duh), but Kempny's now tradeable for me.

He's coming off a serious hamstring injury.

Not surprised that he's been struggling all year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Excellent point that I'd failed to consider.

Its was a weird injury for a hockey player and so most don't really know what to expect from it. He's making bad decisions mostly which tells me he doesn't trust his body rather than he has gotten suddenly stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad