Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Canes, G4

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I was behind a couple going into Game 3 - they had printed tickets and the entry guard said they were n o good - had to be physical tix or phone tix. They were not happy.
there needs to be a backup plan in case your phone dies (battery lives are shit nowadays)

That said, I did appreciate the printout they gave you after you were scanned in. I was worried my reception would be so bad there would be no way to bring them up on the app once inside.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Buy season tickets, even a partial plan. And you won't have any worries about reseller pricing.
My wife and I just had our first child a year ago. Season tickets, even a partial plan, just wasn't in the cards. I'm glad I got tickets on Monday, but the prices now are just too rich for me. There's no way I can afford what they're charging, even before StubHub gouges you with $50-$100 in fees per ticket.

If we advance, hopefully I can jump on some tickets when it first goes on sale. Otherwise, I will probably be sitting that one out, too.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
there needs to be a backup plan in case your phone dies (battery lives are **** nowadays)

That said, I did appreciate the printout they gave you after you were scanned in. I was worried my reception would be so bad there would be no way to bring them up on the app once inside.

I think (although knock on wood, I never had to use it), that if your phone dies, you can go to the ticket window.

I usually send a copy of the tickets to the other person I am going with. That way, if my phone dies, gets lost, or whatever, they'll have a copy as well.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I had 2 tickets Monday for $176/ea face, and I had locked in 2x lowers at $72/ea for the full playoffs. My parking pass for the first game was $120. :amazed: Hoping if we go further I can weasel my way into our box again. But hell I'd take the parking pass as a consolation prize.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
I had 2 tickets Monday for $176/ea face, and I had locked in 2x lowers at $72/ea for the full playoffs. My parking pass for the first game was $120. :amazed: Hoping if we go further I can weasel my way into our box again. But hell I'd take the parking pass as a consolation prize.

I didn't even think about parking. I'm going to the game tomorrow, do they not just charge you when you park if it's packed out? Will there even be room in the lot?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What are they charging for GA parking for the playoffs? I had a pass for the first game.

It looked like they were even charging in the "free" lot across Trinity where parking is free during the season.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What are they charging for GA parking for the playoffs? I had a pass for the first game.

It looked like they were even charging in the "free" lot across Trinity where parking is free during the season.
If you showed up before 4, they were not charging for GA parking.

I'm not really sure when they started charging, but my entire tailgate crew was there by 4, and none of us paid.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Wonder if they're doing the same by the apartment complexes across Edwards Mill. That place used to be ideal, since it was somewhat hidden and the tunnel underneath Edwards Mill led straight to the PNC.

Then they started doing more development up there, word spread about the free parking, and now it's a little iffy. I still park there every game, since it's still better than paying for parking, but with big games, you may have to get there early or risk parking in a possible tow zone.

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

BrockMuggin

Mar 27, 2012
I've parked at the offices on Westchase before. Maybe I'll try that.

A buddy of ours that comes to the game always parks on Kingdom Way (basically across from the Wendy's).

It's a bit of a walk but it's free and there's no traffic after you get to your car.

Reactions: Tryamw

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Wife is trying to come up with a good anti-Ovechkin poster to put up on the Caps-side glass for the pre-game skate.

"Ovi preying on kids like Roe V" is the current leader but I'm 95% sure we'd get ejected.

Something with an old evil tooth fairy might work.

Last edited:

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Wife is trying to come up with a good anti-Ovechkin poster to put up on the Caps-side glass for the pre-game skate.

"Ovi preys on kids like Roe V" is the current leader but I'm 95% sure we'd get ejected.

Something with an old evil tooth fairy might work.

I'm thinking of something off of this gem:

upload_2019-4-17_13-57-21.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad