MDwbxtKH_bigger.jpg
FOX Sports Carolinas‏Verified account @CanesOnFSCR 2h2 hours ago

"It's never a must-game until it is. But it is for us."
Rod

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
MDwbxtKH_bigger.jpg
FOX Sports Carolinas‏Verified account @CanesOnFSCR 10h10 hours ago

"We definitely brought our physical game and that took away some of their scoring opportunities ... we really have to focus on staying physical." --
Brock McGinn on
@NHLCanes approach to limiting Capitals'
shooting and taking into Game 4.

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
You wanna know how much I payed for quarterfinals of Czech Extraliga?

Like 9 bucks for stands..

NHL takes the money mainly from fans. Many europian series partly from fans and partly other sources. And then there is KHL. Wanna know how much I paid for 2 matches in Podolsk (ok, just regular seasin but anyway), when going there for business trip?

The second time we decided to take bit better seats..we paid like 4 $ or so. It felt like robery after the first experience. Then against SKA I got a phone number from my russian friend who asked me to call (as the systems didnt work to buy ticket before trip). I called, we met a guy outside arena and he gave tickets. I started to open my wallet and he said: "no money" and ran away....we stood a moment mouth open and then went to match.

There is a saying in Finland: "In finland everything works, but you can't arrange anything...in russian, nothing works, but everything is arrangeable"

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
$300 in 2006 is about $378 now.

For 2 tickets tomorrow, after taxes and fees, it comes out to $634. Basically a difference of $60 per ticket in today's money for Game 2 of the First Round from what I paid for the Stanley Cup Finals the year we won.

This is insane. Prices for game 6 are pretty reasonable however. I'm concerned about getting a refund if they dont play the game though.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Got my jerks shirt on today.

Doesn't look good without Svech or Ferland but gotta take care of business anyways.

We just played almost all of game 3 without these two and spanked the caps. Svech is a loss for sure but Ferland has been playing hurt and a virtual non factor for quite some time now

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
NHL takes the money mainly from fans. Many europian series partly from fans and partly other sources. And then there is KHL. Wanna know how much I paid for 2 matches in Podolsk (ok, just regular seasin but anyway), when going there for business trip?

The second time we decided to take bit better seats..we paid like 4 $ or so. It felt like robery after the first experience. Then against SKA I got a phone number from my russian friend who asked me to call (as the systems didnt work to buy ticket before trip). I called, we met a guy outside arena and he gave tickets. I started to open my wallet and he said: "no money" and ran away....we stood a moment mouth open and then went to match.

There is a saying in Finland: "In finland everything works, but you can't arrange anything...in russian, nothing works, but everything is arrangeable"

Now imagine West meeting East in the glorious Eastern Central Europe. Some things work, some things are arrangeable. Some things don’t work and if they were arranged then it NEVER happened.

We are partially stuck in our post-comm mentality, but it allows many of us to see when something is wrong.
What I noticed in the West, there are some cases of people (e.g. Norway) trusting the goverment way too much, it’s basically ridiculous.

Centuries under Austria(-Hungary), 6 years of Third Reich and 40 years of communism distorted our national mentality. Whoever is in charge is untrustworthy.

Reactions: zman77 and jiitu

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
yeah, what is the policy for that? someone was asking me at work, and i honestly have no idea
If the game isn't played, you'll get a refund from either Ticketmaster or StubHub. I knew a couple people who were a little steamed over the VT-ECU cancellation last year because they were able to offload tickets and StubHub reversed the payment after the cancellation.

Reactions: zman77

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Good job with Foegele on 2L. He will thrive with Staal and Williams.
I like the kid and what he brings, but I'm pretty sure Foegs-Staal-Williams was the line we started the season with, and after the first 5 games, Foegs's scoring went into full Houdini mode and disappeared. I'm expecting a solid game from him, but I'm not expecting more goals.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I like the kid and what he brings, but I'm pretty sure Foegs-Staal-Williams was the line we started the season with, and after the first 5 games, Foegs's scoring went into full Houdini mode and disappeared. I'm expecting a solid game from him, but I'm not expecting more goals.
If we can get 5 games out of this line, that should be enough for Svech to come back.

I'll take it

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Lets tie this ***** up

I think I've got that sign on my bedroom wall...

That’s inflation baby!

Akchuuuaaallly, it's basic supply and demand economics.

You can get a 11 game Season ticket plan (upper level) for $341 total and a full season "fan zone" for $774, so it's not that onerous.

I've had a variety of season ticket packages, belonged to a big group that went in on season tickets, and had lean years with no season tickets at all. I can't remember the last season that I didn't attend at least 2 or 3 games. That said, I have the 11 game package (you get a voucher for a 12th game) and re-upped so that I could get post-season priority. That said, during the cup run the team ran a 6 game Xmas special and that classified me as a season ticket holder and was the main reason I was able to be there at game 7. We sit behind the "shoot twice goal" and absolutely love the seats....you can really see the plays develop.

Please don't ever let our Finnish overlords leave us....

Whoever is in charge is untrustworthy.

We call that "healthy skepticism" and many of us here in the states express similar views as we cede more of our lives to the federal bureaucracy....not always and not about everything....but some for sure or even many.

I wonder if we might see a flip-flopping of McLovin and Nino. Foegele brings the disruption that would certainly be welcome on Aho/Turbo's line and Nino and J-Willy seem like a pair that can both shoot and distribute with Jordan playing the big body disrupter role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad