Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Canes, G4

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Best bet might be waiting til game day / closer to start time. it's risky but a lot of people get nervous and sell tickets at really good deals then. (stubhub has been my best bet outside of course personally buying tix from someone). good luck.

What is the mechanism for getting a hold of the physical tickets when you purchase them on seatgeek or stubhub on the actual game day? Typically they mail the tix to you I thought.

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I didn’t think they dealt with any physical tickets.

Always been a printable or downloadable ticket in my experience.

The tickets I got for Monday were physical tickets. Not "printable from home", but were physical official tickets. The guy I got them from said the Canes don't like to do it and complain about it, but he said he had to contact his ticket rep to get them to send him physical tickets.

It's the first time in 2 years I had physical tickets as they have always been e-tickets. I thought they completely did away with "printable from home" tickets, but I could be wrong.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
The tickets I got for Monday were physical tickets. Not "printable from home", but were physical official tickets. The guy I got them from said the Canes don't like to do it and complain about it, but he said he had to contact his ticket rep to get them to send him physical tickets.

It's the first time in 2 years I had physical tickets as they have always been e-tickets. I thought they completely did away with "printable from home" tickets, but I could be wrong.

I always get my buddy who has season tickets to buy me tickets through his rep which I pick up at PNC. It's cool having all of the old tickets for the games I've been to.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
Fine, don't be a team player, but if we lose this is on you... :deadhorse
and me because i have work, i didn't have work monday. the restuaunt i work at is open on thurs-sunday. i got unlucky and got the thursday and sunday morning shift. but i was still pretty lucky because i get to A watch the canes game saturday night, B go to the herring festival (local festival for my home town) on friday and saturday.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
and me because i have work, i didn't have work monday. the restuaunt i work at is open on thurs-sunday. i got unlucky and got the thursday and sunday morning shift. but i was still pretty lucky because i get to A watch the canes game saturday night, B go to the herring festival (local festival for my home town) on friday and saturday.

Call in sick.

It’s good to have a job at your age, something about learning values, earning your own spending money and whatnot, but watching canes playoff hockey is good, too.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
Call in sick.

It’s good to have a job at your age, something about learning values, earning your own spending money and whatnot, but watching canes playoff hockey is good, too.
i really want to be able to get coffee and get stuff on my truck :) . my truck is my pride and joy. Saving up for a light bar, repainted, tail lights, new rims, Fox shocks/Springs, and maybe getting rid of a couple of the avalanche bed racks that keep it from getting wet and getting a custom tire rack for my spare, and getting my sun roof fixed.

all i have to show for my truck is a high end air entake that was upgraded before i got it, and a lift kit that also did. i mean i have 800$ saved up.

For paint what would you paint a 2002 2500 Chevorlet Avalanche, Im thinking of painting it black is small and big grey flakes and small red flakes in the paint.

(thread hijack sorry i love trucks, that is another one of my few passions besides hockey)

but i am going to have the radio on my phone playing the game. They wouldn't show the game last time i was working (OT game) instead they were showing the masters smh... who likes GOLF... sure it might be fun to do but who likes actually watching it... but my phone was dead so i couldn't listen so :/... and the even worse part none of the people i was working with liked the canes but one person actually did ask me about them. and i don't work with the person who is just as big of a fan of the canes until sunday so we can't talk about it during work so im going to be bored

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Went to look for tickets to the game. thought, hey why not, Monday was a blast, Thursday should be even better.

f*** me, $260 for behind the net halfway up 300 level tickets. After taxes/fees, that'll be close to $400 per. Which is insane. I scalped Stanley Cup Finals tickets in 2006 for $300 each, and this is higher. For the second game of the first round.

rALeigH IsN'T a HockEy ToWn

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I got a ticket in 121 row E on the first day tickets were available for a total of 190 after all the fees and what not from Ticketmaster. I checked like 4 days later and a seat same row one section over was like 300+. Now i know always buy them day they go on sale.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I THINK THIS BELONGS TO CAPS.

Attachments

• 7B49789A-D659-4975-89F7-9031A61EF46B.jpeg
    7B49789A-D659-4975-89F7-9031A61EF46B.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Went to look for tickets to the game. thought, hey why not, Monday was a blast, Thursday should be even better.

**** me, $260 for behind the net halfway up 300 level tickets. After taxes/fees, that'll be close to $400 per. Which is insane. I scalped Stanley Cup Finals tickets in 2006 for $300 each, and this is higher. For the second game of the first round.

rALeigH IsN'T a HockEy ToWn
That’s inflation baby!

hacknwack

Apr 6, 2019
Worried about Svech. We need him.

Ferland? No so much. He isnt doing anything but breaking. But with Svech, DeHaan and Ferland gone, well....
Svech doesnt need to be brought back. The idea is nice...but the last thing the kid needs is to be thrown back in there...when guys are just gonna go for his head. The playoffs just simply arent worth him being a sacrificial lamb.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That’s inflation baby!
$300 in 2006 is about $378 now.

For 2 tickets tomorrow, after taxes and fees, it comes out to $634. Basically a difference of $60 per ticket in today's money for Game 2 of the First Round from what I paid for the Stanley Cup Finals the year we won.

Reactions: cptjeff

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Svech doesnt need to be brought back. The idea is nice...but the last thing the kid needs is to be thrown back in there...when guys are just gonna go for his head. The playoffs just simply arent worth him being a sacrificial lamb.
And before someone says, nah hockey players have too much respect to target the head, even in the Playoffs... They have Ovi (known headhunter, though nobody openly talks about it), Tom Wilson (known headhunter, suspended by the league for it), and Brooks Orpik (known headhunter, snapped Erik Cole's neck in 2006).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wow. I was lucky enough to get LL North tickets for ~$80 / seat from a friend who couldn't go (in fairness, I got tickets for him many times in 08/09 playoffs so he wasn't marking them up). Glad I took him up on it as I would not pay the after market prices with what they are now.

FWIW, A guy sitting next to us on Monday in LL south said he got a ticket from a scalper for $60 right before the game started so some of you may want to take a shot at that.

Reactions: Tryamw

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017

I was behind a couple going into Game 3 - they had printed tickets and the entry guard said they were n o good - had to be physical tix or phone tix. They were not happy.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad