Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Canes, G4

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There were comments in the other thread about Ferland and how he's been invisible, not contributing, how we don't want to re-sign him, etc... I'm confident that it's that he is dealing with a pretty significant injury and I bet he'll need surgery (maybe shoulder the way his arm was hanging down after he tried hitting Wilson). I give the guy credit because he's still trying to go. If he was truly selfish, he could have shut it down and probably got a better UFA contract based off of his start to the season before the injury.

I agree that the team needs to make sure he can stay in games before putting him out there again.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
There were comments in the other thread about Ferland and how he's been invisible, not contributing, how we don't want to re-sign him, etc... I'm confident that it's that he is dealing with a pretty significant injury and I bet he'll need surgery (maybe shoulder the way his arm was hanging down after he tried hitting Wilson). I give the guy credit because he's still trying to go. If he was truly selfish, he could have shut it down and probably got a better UFA contract based off of his start to the season before the injury.

I agree that the team needs to make sure he can stay in games before putting him out there again.

Whether or not he is injured or not, the fact that Saku or Mckegg looks better than him in the lineup means that he probably shouldn't be there.

Honestly though, I think Coach Rod would be openly praising him as warrior and a gamer for playing through this if it were that significant of an injury....

He seemes kind of dismissive of the whole thing when questioned post game

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Whether or not he is injured or not, the fact that Saku or Mckegg looks better than him in the lineup means that he probably shouldn't be there.

Honestly though, I think Coach Rod would be openly praising him as warrior and a gamer for playing through this if it were that significant of an injury....

On the radio today, when asked by Adam Gold about it his injury, Rod said something to the effect of "You know I can't talk about that" (meaning he's not going to talk about the severity of the injury). He then went on to say Ferland's been dealing with something lingering for a while.

He seems kind of dismissive of the whole thing when questioned post game

See my comment above.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Honestly I think you were the only person not in the gdt haha

Weird, I’m not even seeing a gdt for game 3 on our board. I was in the pre game thread because that’s all I saw and it was quiet so I went to the main board and there were canes fans there. Some caps fans were even making fun of how quiet our thread was.

Edit: damn, I had it on ignore somehow. Don’t know how I managed to do that. It was lonely not having everyone to talk to :laugh:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Anybody got tix? Seatgeek has the cheapest ones at over $200 for upper level. Yikes.

Best bet might be waiting til game day / closer to start time. it's risky but a lot of people get nervous and sell tickets at really good deals then. (stubhub has been my best bet outside of course personally buying tix from someone). good luck.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Weird, I’m not even seeing a gdt for game 3 on our board. I was in the pre game thread because that’s all I saw and it was quiet so I went to the main board and there were canes fans there. Some caps fans were even making fun of how quiet our thread was.

Edit: damn, I had it on ignore somehow. Don’t know how I managed to do that. It was lonely not having everyone to talk to :laugh:
This is what he gets for putting me on ignore.

I get it, sometimes you gotta ignore folks, me included. But he paid a helluva price!

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I wonder if it has something to do with it being one of these fancy new live threads.

When I come to the board that thread doesn’t appear. If I hit “show ignored content” it appears but when I enter the thread I still have the option to ignore it. I never use this feature either so I’m sure I never ignored it. Weird.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm guessing it's going to be:

Nino-Aho-TT
Foegele-Staal-Williams
Martinook-Wallmark-McGinn
Maenalanen-McKegg-Brown

Possible but I'd swap McGinn and Maenalanen.

Also, Brown is the lone call up so far and this could mean that we'll see one or maybe both of Svechnikov/Ferland in the lineup. This, or they're gonna do another call up ahead of the game. Not sure if they wanna go into a playoff game without an extra forward. Would have wanted Bishop but he's apparently just returning from injury and they're not sure if he's gonna be a player this weekend.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Oh before I forget, whatever everyone did yesterday, you have to do again Thursday.

I’ve already said it - nobody post in our gdt. Those of us who aren’t at the game will head to the main board. It worked on Monday.

Taking this to its logical conclusion--if we all put the GDT on ignore, the Canes win 8-0!

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I wonder if it has something to do with it being one of these fancy new live threads.

When I come to the board that thread doesn’t appear. If I hit “show ignored content” it appears but when I enter the thread I still have the option to ignore it. I never use this feature either so I’m sure I never ignored it. Weird.

Did you ignore the Poster who started the thread at some point in time? If so, you wouldn’t see the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad