Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Canes, G4

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Oh no doubt. It was anything but one sided in that regard. Svech, McGinn, and surprisingly Fleury have been getting at guys all series.
Don't think it's that surprising with Fleury, I haven't watched him at all in Charlotte but he's been a physical guy in his junior career and I think he's aware of his situation with the Canes

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
How's this for coincidence. The difference in age between Rod Brind'Amour and Alex Ovechkin is almost exactly the same as from Ovechkin to Svechnikov. Brindy was in 28 fights in his career as a player, the vast majority of which (22) were in his first seven seasons (and in a different era, fight-wise, in the NHL). In the seven seasons up until Ovechkin's debut in 2005, Brindy was in four fights.

So I ask you, if in 2005, a 20-year-old Alex Ovechkin challenges a 35-year-old team captain Rod Brind'Amour to a fight, do you think Brindy drops the gloves? I think he tells the kid to shut the hell up and finds a way to avoid a fight. Just because the kid asks, doesn't mean the vet has to oblige.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm seriously chuckling at the main board right now. Oh the Caps have been taking it easy on us because they didn't take us seriously. Now we've got their attention and they'll wipe the floor with us.

Bull f***ing Shit. Nobody takes anyone lightly in the playoffs. Its the f***ing playoffs for christsake. They just can't handle the fact their team is getting pushed around by the lowly Canes.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
id think about calling up Dan renouf for a game, then play Hamilton at forward. he looked pretty good on the rush with them. Renouf will kill wilson and orprick for us also. Maybe start the game off with a line like

Foegele Staal Martinook
or
Foegele Martinook Mcginn

Set the tone that your going to play physical and to hurt all game.

Canes can win this series, we could have had a major chance to win the series if 1. De Hann was back, 2. Svech is healthy, 3. Ferland didn't have that lingering Injury 4. refs actually had control of these games

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
When you go from
"ok 5 fan team"
to
"All your fans are bandwagons"
in one game. The stupidest thing ive heard all season. just go look at the canes instagram comments if you want to know what im talking about btw

I saw that on Twitter.

Its hilarious coming from Caps fans too. No one in DC gave two shits about the Capitals before 2008.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
It's funny when fans of certain teams don't remember that their teams had terrible attendence. Blackhawks pre Kane and Toews, Pittsburgh pre Crosby, Washington pre Ovechkin etc.

Certain teams sell a ton of corporate seats, like the Red Wings, which saves them when the team sucks. The actual attendence in terms of how many people showed up at most Wings games this year was pretty bad.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We currently have six players averaging a point per game in these here playoffs, three of them are rookies (Foegele 2-2-4, Svech 2-1-3, Wallmark 1-2-3), two of them are defensemen (Hamilton 2-2-4, Slavin 0-4-4), and one we thought would help us more if he sat out (Staal 1-2-3).

Nino and Ferland are both 0-0-0, and minus-3 and minus-1, respectively.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
It's funny when fans of certain teams don't remember that their teams had terrible attendence. Blackhawks pre Kane and Toews, Pittsburgh pre Crosby, Washington pre Ovechkin etc.

Caps didnt even sellout the first 2 years with Ovechkin. Only game they sold out in 06 was when they played the Canes.

In fact I went to a million Caps games in 05-06, because I kept getting free corporate tickets. No one cared to go.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I'm seriously chuckling at the main board right now. Oh the Caps have been taking it easy on us because they didn't take us seriously. Now we've got their attention and they'll wipe the floor with us.

Bull ****ing ****. Nobody takes anyone lightly in the playoffs. Its the ****ing playoffs for christsake. They just can't handle the fact their team is getting pushed around by the lowly Canes.
The Islanders and Blue Jackets must be up 3-0 because the Penguins and Lightning aren't taking them seriously. :sarcasm:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Proud to rock my Canes jersey around DC today. I'm always proud to, but ::lowers voice:: "This time, it's personal" :laugh:

In all seriousness, I absolutely hate this team / franchise. I never liked them, because they've played against teams I like. But, I didn't hate them (not on the same level as like the Philadelphia Eagles lol). I was even slightly happy for them when the won last year because I love DC, if not the team.

Welp, seeing Mr. Strongest Man On Earth Beast Ovi decide to get in a real fight for the first time in 10 years (really, Svech's the only one who's 'provoked' him in that decade????) to knock out my fave player --and someone completely in over his head changed that. I'm sure I'd look ferocious knocking out my nephew, too. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, it will surely be a heckuva a rivalry in the coming years.

In the meantime, I will enjoy finding new ways to desecrate the ALL CAPS rag I got :popcorn:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
When you go from
"ok 5 fan team"
to
"All your fans are bandwagons"
in one game. The stupidest thing ive heard all season. just go look at the canes instagram comments if you want to know what im talking about btw

The comments on Instagram are ridiculous - even a lot of the ones coming from canes fans. Amazing how many fans of other teams feel the need to seek out the canes social media accounts just to crap on the team. Like don’t you have something, anything, better to do with your time?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
the poster deleted their post, so i'll delete mine.

Also, randomly, I've decided to go back to my svech surge avatar. I guess it brought good luck with the win--all things considered lol--so in the tradition of sports superstitions, I won't rock the boat.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad