GDT: Capitals vs. Senators. 7:30pm. Scotiabank Place. 4.18.2013

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Backstrom got hit with a point shot on his last shift. You could see him skating off towards the bench.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Tough to overcome 1 crap goal against, much less two when your skaters are a no show...

Agreed, but the Sens are a better team than the Caps (better possession, better goaltending) so this was just a question of whether Ovi could barrel them through and/or the PP could work some magic.

The softies is where that shame part comes in. He played like he could steal them a point otherwise.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
A lot of *******s in this thread. Team wins 8 in a row and they are bound for the Cup. They lose 1 and now they are lazy bums who will get bounced in the first round. Get over yourself, its one bad game.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
A lot of *******s in this thread. Team wins 8 in a row and they are bound for the Cup. They lose 1 and now they are lazy bums who will get bounced in the first round. Get over yourself, its one bad game.

No room for sanity on this board. You should know that. ;)

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Yeah they were bound to lose at some point, and this is better then losing to Winnipeg. Winnipeg also isn't going to finish the season with a 9 game winning streak. They're going to lose, they're not that good of a team.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Good:

This mistake could be to Holtby what Green's blunder was to him.

Losing tonight will make them more focused Tuesday for sure.

Bad:

Watching that was tough.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like Ottawa is making up for lack of skill with just an insane amount of hustle.
I agree with this assessment. Ottawa completely outworked and out hustled the Caps. A letdown was coming eventually, hopefully the Caps can rebound.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not going to get too upset about this loss. They won 8 in a row and control their own destiny.

I'll be very upset if Nicky is out. Please don't let it be anything major. A third head/neck injury in two seasons could be devastating, short and long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad