Series Discussion: Capitals vs Bruins

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I was in the midst of replying to goon's observation when yesterday's GDT was locked. So I'm pasting goon's comment below, mine follows.

goon: He couldn't see the puck at all coming out of the faceoff. It was tied up in someone's skates or something. TBH I had to watch the replay several times to see it myself, as nobody was even acting like the puck was on their stick. As soon as the puck slid the tiniest bit clear DeBrusk put a shot on. VV was still squaring to the scrum from the faceoff and trying to find the puck, iirc, and couldn't adjust. So he threw out a desperation pad and hurt himself.

me: I was thinking roughly the same after the goal happened and was going to comment, especially after some posters started ripping VV. Vanecek's inability to track the puck was compounded by Jensen's. The latter was with DeBrusk but was unaware that the puck was at their feet. I think that if #3 had reacted knowing where the puck was, not only could he have defended better, but VV would've known where the puck was and moved earlier to square for a shot.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
After watching last night's game, I am worried whoever wins this series won't have anything left for round 2. Rough and tumble game out there last night.

The Caps played 4 rounds of that to win the cup. Its exactly how they were built to play

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
So does anyone have a GOOD angle of the alleged Orlov high stick? Because all I've seen is the view from behind the goal and you can't see the actual contact. You see Pasternak react to the stick going up but it looks like acting to me. Prove me wrong.
I don't have a screenshot right now but I was watching the SN broadcast and the high stick was there. It's just they missed about 50 calls on Bs that made everyone go mad.
why is Dave trying to negate your reverse juju?
Plot twist: Dave is the Bs fan in the closet.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was in the midst of replying to goon's observation when yesterday's GDT was locked. So I'm pasting goon's comment below, mine follows.

goon: He couldn't see the puck at all coming out of the faceoff. It was tied up in someone's skates or something. TBH I had to watch the replay several times to see it myself, as nobody was even acting like the puck was on their stick. As soon as the puck slid the tiniest bit clear DeBrusk put a shot on. VV was still squaring to the scrum from the faceoff and trying to find the puck, iirc, and couldn't adjust. So he threw out a desperation pad and hurt himself.

me: I was thinking roughly the same after the goal happened and was going to comment, especially after some posters started ripping VV. Vanecek's inability to track the puck was compounded by Jensen's. The latter was with DeBrusk but was unaware that the puck was at their feet. I think that if #3 had reacted knowing where the puck was, not only could he have defended better, but VV would've known where the puck was and moved earlier to square for a shot.

careful you two…..Maaco has decades of goalie experience and he says it was shit! ;)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There was a moment late in the game last night where I saw the lightbulb go on in Willy’s head. He was in a corner engaging after a whistle and his head pops up and he skates away as the Bruins try to engage…..

This is how he should play this series….Come out hard and physical early each game, then frustrate them refusing to engage and just skating away every time in the 2nd half of the game.

Piss them off early and let them chase.

Question. Let Boston run the goalie? Let them crosscheck Ovechkin in the face? After Willy let the guy off the hook for running over Anderson last night I decided he is under orders

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Threads seem to be getting locked more quickly around here...so let me offer a non-sequitur in response to a small whiskey-related spin from last night’s thread from someone who doesn’t have time to read all the threads.

Ready?

im not a connoisseur and I don’t drink often but as a proud Virginian, bourbon is my drink of choice. Usually Wild Turkey. And I love a good Old-Fashioned. Anyway, you ready?

I HIGHLY recommend anyone visiting my beautiful town of Charlottesville who likes rye whiskey: visit the Alley Light and try any one of Micah LeMon’s exquisite cocktails but specifically the Ugly Stick. Truly a cocktail from the gods.

You’re welcome!

On Topic:

Go Caps! Way to go NBC for interviewing the guy who didn’t score the game-winning goal. We know it was a mistake. You’re almost as bad as ESPN at this point.

UGLY STICK!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Question. Let Boston run the goalie? Let them crosscheck Ovechkin in the face? After Willy let the guy off the hook for running over Anderson last night I decided he is under orders

I think others need to step up….he’s targeted by the zebras. He should antagonize but largely let others engage as the game goes on. Want to fight or otherwise send a message, do it early then play hockey and win the game.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
upload_2021-5-16_12-31-19.gif

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I am loving that Boston fans seem to think Ovechkin is intimidated. Thats a hoot

That is for sure funny. Ovy was out there hitting every player in sight and had some real quality scoring chances. He could easily scored more that game. He nearly had a playoff highlight goal that would rank as top five, if not tops. Most B fans I know love and respect Ovy.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Threads seem to be getting locked more quickly around here...so let me offer a non-sequitur in response to a small whiskey-related spin from last night’s thread from someone who doesn’t have time to read all the threads.

Ready?

im not a connoisseur and I don’t drink often but as a proud Virginian, bourbon is my drink of choice. Usually Wild Turkey. And I love a good Old-Fashioned. Anyway, you ready?

I HIGHLY recommend anyone visiting my beautiful town of Charlottesville who likes rye whiskey: visit the Alley Light and try any one of Micah LeMon’s exquisite cocktails but specifically the Ugly Stick. Truly a cocktail from the gods.

You’re welcome!

On Topic:

Go Caps! Way to go NBC for interviewing the guy who didn’t score the game-winning goal. We know it was a mistake. You’re almost as bad as ESPN at this point.

UGLY STICK!

I was ticked I had to watch in on regular network which I never watch except for NHL broadcasts. It won't ever change, even with the new investors.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Boston really missed an opportunity considering the goalie switch, Caps missing Kuznetsov, some really dubious officiating, Carlson playing like he has recently sustained a brain injury.

You love to see it. One win down, three more to go.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Time for Kuzy to forget the past and play his top game. Some of those shots last night might have gone in with him on the ice. I don't think he misses some of those if he shoots, like the Carlson wide shot.

1. Kuzy wouldnt have been where Carlson was. Right?
2. Carlson has to be rusty.
3. Good players miss all the time.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Welcome back Kuzy and Sammy.

New Theory: Kuzy was late to the meeting because he was sick, getting Covid, randomly, not by any stupid "out in town doing coke" selfishness or similar. Sometimes a person can get sick when they are being careful, and sometimes people can get it after having it already. So maybe Kuzy was just really unlucky, and not acting stupid. Thus, the Caps locker room welcomes him back with open arms and, after a few periods to get his legs back, goes on to another CS level performance.

I like this theory more than any of the shit ones we all threw out there before. Imagine, some folks suspected maybe Lavi was hiding him on the Covid list to punish him, for being 5 mins late to a meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad