Series Discussion: Capitals vs Bruins

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don’t like the matchup, but then I don’t like any of the matchups. The teams are all very closely packed in the East even with the Islanders struggling down the stretch.

My biggest worry is that Ovechkin is not 100%. He’s the one player I can count on to take his game to another level once it matters, provided he is healthy.

Boston’s top line is going to get their chances and goals, so it’s really going to be up to Washington’s depth players to win their matchups and up to Washington’s team defense to limit the damage that Boston’s top line does.

I think the Bruins are slightly better than the Capitals, which is why I picked Boston in 7. But it could go either way.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I voted BOS in 6 because of the goalie, injury and drama issues with the Caps going into the playoffs.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Caps are a mess. Their best players are going to be rusty. Their locker room is distracted. Boston in 4. Then golf

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Caps seem to have fits with that top line. Gonna be tough to keep them at bay for a series. Bruins have their flaws too.

need to see how healthy the caps are and if their injured guys can get up to speed quickly. Kuz needs to be playing too for caps to have a chance. Lots of question marks for the guys in red right now.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My biggest worry is that Ovechkin is not 100%. He’s the one player I can count on to take his game to another level once it matters, provided he is healthy..

Ovechkin wont be sharp as it is. Who is he playing with? If its Kuznetsov it only gets worse. If its with Eller, its not up to quality standards. If the Capitals win this series it will be Backstrom and Oshie and Dowd and Hathaway doing it.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Going to be a really physical series, I think Boston’s goaltending inevitably wins if for them and we’re also not healthy. I said Bruins in 7

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I would've preferred playing the Bruins minus the Hall acquisition. It's not so much Hall himself that bothers me, it's the fact that Krejci's been fantastic since he got Hall on his line.

Their main weakness is in net, we need the Tsar Cannon back at full force to fill their net with pucks.

upload_2021-5-10_22-2-18.png

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You guys are all a bunch of debbie downers

giphy.gif

I believe that Ovechkin, Oshie, Carlson, and Schultz are legit injured. I believe its possible to likely that Kuzy and Sammy are lost for at least the first games of the series. They are going to have to win Chara/Hagelin games. Do they have the goaltending to do that? Honestly?

Do you believe that all these missing players are going to be back, sharp and at their best? Thats all been a lie? Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad