Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No I really thought he was serious :dunno:

Seriously, I was taking out my frustration on the way the Caps were handling their injury situation. If all those guys missed, they were doomed. As it turned out none of the injured players missed, which i suspected was the case. I believe I even posted that if Oshie was playing I was at Caps in 6

Reactions: kicksavedave

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Welcome back Kuzy and Sammy.

New Theory: Kuzy was late to the meeting because he was sick, getting Covid, randomly, not by any stupid "out in town doing coke" selfishness or similar. Sometimes a person can get sick when they are being careful, and sometimes people can get it after having it already. So maybe Kuzy was just really unlucky, and not acting stupid. Thus, the Caps locker room welcomes him back with open arms and, after a few periods to get his legs back, goes on to another CS level performance.

I like this theory more than any of the shit ones we all threw out there before. Imagine, some folks suspected maybe Lavi was hiding him on the Covid list to punish him, for being 5 mins late to a meeting.
I’d buy this except we know that he and Sammy were punished, and Lavi was clearly pissed. Maybe it was just that they put themselves in a position to Covid again, but it seemed more serious. I suspect we’ll never know. And if the rest of your scenario plays out, we’ll never care.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

New Theory: Kuzy was late to the meeting because he was sick.

New theory: Came up with this a couple days ago actually. Kuzy and Sammy were not late to anything. The COVID tests and assignment to the list were pending and rather than talk about that the Caps papered over with some story about missing a function.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Could they had false positive tests? If one of them was ill Id think they weren't back this soon. Kuzy looks kind if okish.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’d buy this except we know that he and Sammy were punished, and Lavi was clearly pissed. Maybe it was just that they put themselves in a position to Covid again, but it seemed more serious. I suspect we’ll never know. And if the rest of your scenario plays out, we’ll never care.

This. I recall we heard about being truant/late for a team "function" before anything related to COVID was announced. So imo the timeline is likely

-Kuzy or Sammy or both went out somewhere
-They were late for the team function as a result and punished by the coach AND the team
-During discussion about the lateness it was revealed they'd violated the covid safeguards so they were tested
-Someone tested positive and since both were in close contact both were put in the league protocol

This is how it's seemed to me all along and nothing so far has changed that impression.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Do we think Kuzy gets a jersey tomorrow night?
Id let team play another without Kuzy and Samsa. They need some practices 100%.

Caps need at least one win in next 3 games. They dont need to risk to ruin the game they played in G1 with inserting lazy finesse center who didnt practice for long period.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

New Theory: Kuzy was late to the meeting because he was sick, getting Covid, randomly, not by any stupid "out in town doing coke" selfishness or similar. Sometimes a person can get sick when they are being careful, and sometimes people can get it after having it already. So maybe Kuzy was just really unlucky, and not acting stupid. Thus, the Caps locker room welcomes him back with open arms and, after a few periods to get his legs back, goes on to another CS level performance.

I like this theory more than any of the shit ones we all threw out there before. Imagine, some folks suspected maybe Lavi was hiding him on the Covid list to punish him, for being 5 mins late to a meeting.

keep shoveling!

Reactions: Calicaps

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
surprising to see anderson is decent, he does not hesitate to play the puck behind the goal and relief the pressure, some important positional safes as well, overall good job. u can always go back to the rookies, for now he has the starting spot i would say.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This. I recall we heard about being truant/late for a team "function" before anything related to COVID was announced. So imo the timeline is likely

-Kuzy or Sammy or both went out somewhere
-They were late for the team function as a result and punished by the coach AND the team
-During discussion about the lateness it was revealed they'd violated the covid safeguards so they were tested
-Someone tested positive and since both were in close contact both were put in the league protocol

This is how it's seemed to me all along and nothing so far has changed that impression.
I’m losing track of what was speculation and what was confirmed but I thought we had confirmation that Kuzy actually tested positive while Sammy was the close contact.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I’m losing track of what was speculation and what was confirmed but I thought we had confirmation that Kuzy actually tested positive while Sammy was the close contact.
We had confirmation that one tested positive and one was a close contact, without direct confirmation about which was which. The fact hat Samsonov was removed from the COVID list first was used to make a reasonable educated guess that he was the close contact, but it wasn't confirmed.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Could they had false positive tests? If one of them was ill Id think they weren't back this soon. Kuzy looks kind if okish.

Hell yeah. PCR Covid tests are HIGHLY sensitive. A cycle 40 positive = you are not even contagious but that's enough to shutdown a school system for 2 weeks. Yet the cycle threshold typically isn't included in test results sent to doctors. :facepalm:

Old story but still accurate
Coronavirus tests are extremely sensitive. (That could be a problem, experts say.)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Seriously, I was taking out my frustration on the way the Caps were handling their injury situation. If all those guys missed, they were doomed. As it turned out none of the injured players missed, which i suspected was the case. I believe I even posted that if Oshie was playing I was at Caps in 6

Oshie, from 0-4 to 4-2. I concur!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Reactions: Drakon

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
1. Kuzy wouldnt have been where Carlson was. Right?
2. Carlson has to be rusty.
3. Good players miss all the time.

I'm not knocking. Just those were juicy chances. Not Juneau OT penalty style chances, but they were prime scoring chances.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm not knocking. Just those were juicy chances. Not Juneau OT penalty style chances, but they were prime scoring chances.

Oh, i know. That Carlson chance would be been nice. Since he has an all star track record and since Ive seen Ov chunk a shot like that, its more important to me that the chance was created at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->