Series Discussion: Capitals vs Bruins

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Yes it's quite a testament to the power of marketing, isn't it? Foster's is the most famous Australian beer in America, but hardly anybody in Australia drinks it.

I discovered exactly the same thing with Stella Artois after spending time working in Belgium. Belgians don't like Stella and you can see why after trying some of the other fantastic Belgian beers (of which there are many).

Same with coffee and espresso.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Loved Lavy's presser today. Can you tell us about Samsonov and Kuznetsov? Time table for when they might be available? No. Can you tell us the extent of Vitek's injury? No. Can you tell us who is available to be the back up? No.

So when he said he would talk more about it today, he was f***ing with us. Uncool, Lavi.

Edit, just watched it.... he gave honest answers, didn't really have the info being asked, such as "Is Sammy an option"... he just replied "he just got off the ice for the first time in two weeks"... Not said: "Gimme more than 5 minutes to see where he's at".

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Loved Lavy's presser today. Can you tell us about Samsonov and Kuznetsov? Time table for when they might be available? No. Can you tell us the extent of Vitek's injury? No. Can you tell us who is available to be the back up? No.
There has to be some underlying hidden message somewhere in there though. Like what intonation he used when he said that? Was he upset with the question or rather stoic? Did he smile?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Specific to their availability:

And while both players were back in the practice facility on Sunday, only Samsonov is available to the team. The netminder came off the covid-19 list on Saturday.
As of Sunday, Kuznetsov remained on the list and will be unavailable to the team for a “few more days,” according to Capitals Coach Peter Laviolette. Kuznetsov is allowed to partake in on-ice workouts while still being unavailable to the team, according to the protocols.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Post-game 1 Pros/Cons:
+ Eller line did great shutting down Bergeron line
+ OV: healthy, fast, strong like bull
+ Dowd line battling, physical, cycling
+ 3-1 on 5v5 play
+ Craig Anderson coming thru
+ overall Team D
+ overall regaining health (minus Vanecek)
+ Berg/Pasta/Marchand/Hall = 1 assist
+ OV/Wilson et al: smart after the whistle
+ pounded their D pretty good and forced some errors/turnovers

- Vanecek hurt, questionable for Anderson long-term duty, Sammy, Copley etc.
- zone exits, many times got hemmed in, turned it over...
- not a tight game, effort was there, but a lot of missed passes, questionable decisions
- 4 minors taken

Gutsy win, huge to only give up 2 esp. with goalie change
Iron out some details, be better for gm.2 b/c it ain't gonna get easier!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
That won’t take long...
I mean, maybe not. But for all the Andy looks shaky posts… I see a guy who came in ice f***ing cold, having not played in a playoff game in 4 years and only 4 RS games all year and rocked a .955 sv% and got a W in OT. Maybe he folds like a lawn chair tomorrow, but he played damned well last night so I wouldn’t assume anything.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Its sort of a good position with Anderson tonight, though.

If we win we can start building a cool story around him while waiting for Vanny and Sammy get in shape. If we lose we can blame it on the over-the-edge goalie and bring Samsonov back for game 3. Same for Craig, if he wins his getting some big spotlight for returning from dead, and if he loses nobody really blames him as he was supposed to be bad anyways.

You obviously start Anderson if Vanecek isnt fit to play. And you propably do it even if Vanecek is fit. Samsonov has no place in the conversation for G2.

Same can apply to Kuzy. You keep him sidelined until we start losing. (Though he might not be able before g4 anyways I guess.)

Interesting match ahead. How the Bruins come back after OT-loss. Can we keep up. Playoffs-hockey rocks.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Caps played a nice all-around game Saturday. I think the Caps had the edge but that game could have gone either way.

I was really impressed by the shutdown line Sheary-Eller-Raffl + Carlson and Orlov containing Pastrnak-Bergeron-Marchand. Orlov played a fantastic defensive game. Obviously you have to keep that going, and plan for Boston avoiding that match-up when they have home ice.

Ovie looked great too. He was creating chances, crushing players, and his skating looked good. Made some nice defensive plays too.

I like the Ovie-Backstrom-Mantha line - which was the line I imagined when Mantha came over but we didn't see it until now.

What about

Ovie-Backstrom-Mantha
Wilson-Kuznetsov-Oshie
Sheary-Eller-Raffl
Hagelin-Dowd-Hathaway

Orlov-Carlson
Schultz-Dillon
Jensen-Chara

I realize that puts one of Wilson or Oshie on the wrong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->